•CHAPTER TWENTY•

•TWENTY

HOW will she tell him her real name is Macaulay, this has been the question on Diane's head for the past two weeks. Their relationship was growing so well that she felt it was a dream as days and weeks passed. There was no doubt that she loves him and he loves her. But she didn't want his love to turn to hate as she Is about to tell him her real name is Macaulay, and she is the daughter of his superhero. The more she thought about it the more she didn't like herself for lying.

Mr Remi still had two weeks left in Nigeria before he goes back to London till he's back for Christmas again. She thought of it as an opportunity for Tomide to meet his role model through his daughter but she didn't know how to do it.

She left her niece sleeping in her cot before leaving the house as she was anxious to get to meet Tomide's family. She needed her goddaughter's smile and giggles to ease her evening which helped a little until she got to the compound of his apartment.

Nimi was the one who came to open the door after she knocked, she had seen the immediate resemblance almost confusing him as Tomide if not for the skin colour.

"Our wife." Nimi exclaimed as he opened the door Diane giggled as she greeted him "it's not that kind of our wife but our wife." She shook her head laughing either way she understood him.

"Hey." Sam greeted her "Welcome."

"Brother mi lo soja gidi. Omo see how she fine. Our wife you are very very beautiful. God take time create you abeg."

" Nimi! You are making her feel uncomfortable."

"No o... He isn't. if he can even continue sef as his brother doesn't say it much."

The guys laughed "Don't mind him... You know it's his first time dating someone."
"Ohh he doesn't seem like one." She giggled.

"Trust me our wife."

"Please come and seat before Nimi use his spit to bath you."

"Ahan Uncle Sam. If I wan toast her unko na so you spoil my parol."

Diane smiled as she watched Nimi a clear opposite of Tomide, who she hasn't seen since she walked in.

"Yeye..." Sam followed her gaze and understood "Tomide went to grab Dinner. We are not much of a cook."

"Before we poison our wife. Lialia we will eat iya basira food instead."

Seconds went by as they sat talking about life, Diane's job, how she and Tomide met and surely her new friend Nimi had something to say.

"Na Tomide's love language be that." Sam and Diane looked at him "Yes na he's not overly sensitive, he prefers to drive people or something away that will make him sensitive."

"Weldone o download your assessment of my life to her."

Everyone's head turned to see Tomide standing with nylons of Chicken republic food. Diane's cheek turned red at the sight of him in shorts and a t-shirt looking more handsome than the man she fell in love with.

"I dey help you. You no say thank you because hmm our wife be real spec."

"Our wife?" Tomide shook his head and turned to Sam to help with the food while he took over beside Diane. "Didn't know we got married." Tomide said after kissing Diane while his brother was away with Sam dishing the food.

She chuckled "Welcome back to the world. You walked me to the registry remember."

"Might be Nimi you married." She looked at him as she poked his shoulder "This shouldn't be how you viewed us."

"How so?"

"I wanted to make a proper dinner but Nimi said I would not poison you the first time you both meet."

"Sounds like him... Your house is beautiful by the way."

"Want a tour."

"Ehn na... It was your cue. Do better boyfriend." She chuckled as he stood up, courtesied "My lady." He said as she placed her hand in his and went on a short tour around the apartment. The house had a lot of greys, black and white. And she loved how everything looked chic and proper.

~~~~~

The moment had come and she was more than anxious. "Hey, Dad... This is my boyfriend Tomide Olu Davies. Babe this is my father your role model, Mr Remi Macaulay."

"We have arrived Miss Diane." The driver alerted bringing her back to reality where nothing had happened yet. She turned to Tomide who was staring at the mansion like it was God. She didn't want to betray this beautiful smile who innocently loves her. She looked away. It will just be a surprise no harm.

He already knew she was a spoilt brat to a billionaire father which he might think is into politics as they were many senator's children flying around Lagos.

Diane walked into the house with Tomide trailing behind. Everyone was seated at the table as she had informed them she was inviting her boyfriend for dinner. The table went silent as everyone saw them walk in.
"Hey everyone." Diane giggled hoping to pass the awkwardness as it was her first time bringing a guy to the house. She looked around smiling before turning to Tomide who was next to her looking right at Mr Remi Macaulay dazed. "This is Tomide everyone. This is my Family." She quickly said and pushed Tomide to a seat after he greeted them.

"You are welcome" Mrs Fola said

"It's been a while Tomide.."

"Yeah! How's your baby?"

"She's alright, she's with her grandfather." Tomide turned to Mr Remi Macaulay and got confused.

"Where's your.." Before Tomide could finish Folu made a normal statement.

"Seems my dear sister got herself a man... Now I know where you run to every night."

"Gbeun soun. Like you don't have your freedom. Princess don't mind him."

"Princess!" She heard Tomide whisper but decided to ignore him.

"What do you do jare omo dada?"

"I am a photographer." Tomide easily said and she was surprised.

"Ohhh.. you are the one my daughter was always talking about." Immediately Mr Remi said she was his daughter she turned away hiding from Tomide's gaze who was right beside her. "What is your surname?"

"Daddy it's okay."

"Olu-Davies sir."

"Ahahah. You are Chairman Tunde's son." Everyone turned to Mr Remi "My sincere condolence. I am very sorry about it."

"Sorry how?" Folu asked for everyone at the table looking lost.

"Mr Ade my former driver burst into their car." As Mr Remi finished his statement Tomide stood up and walked out of the house. Diane as well stood up and ran after him but Tomide was not interested in stopping to listen to her. Diane walked back into the house to inquire from Mr Remi what really happened.

"I understand if he will never forgive me. But I am truly sorry about those years back. It's still fresh in my memory."

"What happened Daddy?"

"Mr Ade and I were heading to an emergency meeting in the APP Ikeja centre so were his father and his mother. Mr Ade was driving so fast that he didn't see the car coming out of the street. He burst into their car, which somersaulted four times and they both died on the spot. There was no reviving. I told Mr Ade to turn himself in as I visited his family but the two sons were not there anytime I visited and even after the burial, his second wife told me they had run away. I looked for them but she didn't give a name and didn't care where they ran to." Mr Remi finished narrating his story. "You know Doyin Davies." He asked Folu and Tolu who nodded yes. "She's his sister."

The end.

I hope you all enjoyed the story I love you a lot see you soon on another story.
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
(Laughs hysterically) hope you didn't think that was the end. Lol see you soon