°CHAPTER FIVE°

°FIVE°

DIANE sat on her drawing chair a part of her room next to the big ass closet in her white painted princess room. Everybody's dream room if she says so herself. She divided the big room into four, a small living area which was directly opposite the Queen size bed, a large TV screen that could be mistaken as a projector opposite from the bed mounted on the wall, the beige cornered sofa sat before the TV and a small glass coffee table held a gold tray where she kept the remote.

The bed section had two white bedside tables on both sides of the bed, the soft off-white headboard was everything, the bed covered with white sheets and a white duvet with six pillows arranged on it while her big brown teddy bear sat in the middle of the bed. The long glass door far by the right led to her walk-in closet with so many wooden cupboards while only the designers she had brought back, purchased, or was gifted were in a glass cupboard were showcased for luxury, a part of the closet where she had broken down cupboards to form a drawing area in the room where she mostly sat every night, sketching till she sleeps off. In the big closet, a clothed mannequin stood in the middle of the room showcasing her favourite Azani dress from She and Adizza's first collaboration.

She was listening to music as she bent over the white sheet spread on the drawing table, her earpods blasting music from her playlist, her iPhone 12 pro max somewhere in the room she didn't know because all that mattered was the various drawings of dresses, two pieces, jumpsuit and any female's clothing she wanted to redesign had been on for months now and she appreciated the progress, even though the past two weeks all on her mind as being how to meet the photographer, something about him intrigued her and she is yet to know. She had wanted to go to the next Adizza shoot but a gig had popped out of nowhere and she had to take it.

She was concentrated on the drawing that she didn't hear the knock on the door followed by Mr Remi Macaulay walking in loudly. He stood some centimeters behind her, watching her put some finishing touches to the drawing, so focused and brought a smile to his face.

He didn't know how many minutes he had stood there but after she had gotten halfway into another drawing he cleared his throat and luckily for him she turned back to get something. She saw him and jumped out of her chair surprised to see him, not expecting to see him, since he had told them he might not be home for the month.

"Oh My God...Dad!" She hugged him sniffing in his amazing cologne which she knew so well and missed smelling.

"Hey Princess." He held her pecking her cheeks softly "Seems you are really busy. You didn't hear your favorite person in the world walk in." He said as they pulled back and she chuckled softly.

"I'm sorry Dad. I want to get this over with." She searched for her phone which she found under the drawing table.

"They are pretty and they will do well." He smiled as they walked to her living room area. "Your room smells nicer and girly unlike that last one you used... Had a strong smell."

Diane laughed out loud. "OUD...Thanks Dad. I got it from a client who deals with scented candles."

"Oh you should give me her number so I can get one for your Mum and Derin even though they are a lot different from you."

Diane shook her head ignoring her father's statement. "When did you get back?"

"Last night... Slept soundly. You've been indoors since, no gig?" She shook her head "No wonder... Folu said you declined the offer again."

She rolled her eyes not ready to talk about the job but she knew they would definitely talk about it, Mr Remi Macaulay wasn't one to back down from an already touched topic. "I didn't decline. I have just been busy with more gigs. I still go to the office. Folu doesn't get it."