°°CHAPTER SEVENTEEN°°

•SEVENTEEN

THE level of migraine and high blood pressure she had from her new boss was giving her for the past two months was not something to boast about. She has never worked so hard every day for anyone even when she was still a model, not getting her eight-hour sleep made her a zombie, in and out of the mansion, waking up very early, not getting solid food to eat, spent her day mostly drinking water, soda or smoothie. Her boss may be very demanding about a lot of things but Diane still loved the job. She was in her element, doing what she loved to do, styling outfits for the reality show, revamping the closet to fit Lina's style, brainstorming with Lina's designers for shoots, events, movie premieres and a whole lot, Diane couldn't be happier. She had a stable job, and a good income and even though it wasn't what she pictured at first as she loved every minute of it.

Even as demanding as Lina was she is lovely unlike the rumours about her, Lina trusted her opinion about a certain outfit, and they had a good working relationship. Oge had once joked about their busy schedule for the first time since she became Diane's assistant. Some afternoons when she was free for an hour she was catching up on sleep or visiting her niece who made her smile and relax instead of staying at the Mansion where Folu bitched about her demanding job.

He didn't understand why his sister was doing so much for someone who could style herself, he wasn't concerned about her well-being but the fact that she had totally ignored the company to pick clothes for a popular actress. He was always talking and sending unnecessary and annoying messages to Diane, getting her pissed and most times getting a slap or knock from Mrs Fola.

Her lack of sleep, time and appetite have come into concern with Mrs Fola Macaulay, she supported Diane with the new job but she was concerned that her daughter would collapse sooner or later, before she was awake Diane was already out on her job, no food nothing, and when she was awake to see her Diane wasn't hungry, looked worn out and didn't want to talk.

Diane had almost slapped Folu on her way to work, She had woken up later than she ought to but instead of offering to drop her at work, he had said.

"All this work that makes you look like a ghost. If you had worked at the company I am sure you would have time for everyone around you."

But Mrs Fola had rescued her son from the slap coming even though she scolded him in turn. Her eyes full of worry she turned to Diane

"Please take care of yourself. You are working too hard." Diane knew it and didn't want to be told and she didn't want to get angry at Mrs Fola who was innocent and was just looking out for her. Before she could walk away she was dragged back "Go and Carry the lunch bag in the kitchen. I will tell Duncan to drive you to work... Rose!" She called out to the maid. Diane took a step toward Mrs Fola and wrapped her arms around her for the first time since she became a Macaulay which took Mrs Fola and Folu by surprise.

"Pele... Pele." Mrs Fola patted Diane's back and unknowingly Diane started to cry. She didn't say it out loud but she had missed having a mother, Mrs Fola did her best but Diane did not see it, she did not want to see it.

Lina gave her a day off as there was nothing much to do since the reality show was slowly coming to an end and she had to be on set for her next movie. Diane happily drove to her sister's house which looked a lot different since she came, they were done with renovating and the white and black semi mansion her sister had purchased from a wedding gift black card from Mr Remi Macaulay was looking more like a home than a picture in a catalogue that people admired.

Tiaraoluwa, her five month old niece was tearing down the house with her cries as she walked into the house, Derin's maid held her trying to feed her from a bottle but Tiara would not stop crying as she pushed the bottle away. When they heard the door close, Tiara pushed the bottle to the floor as she turned to Diane and her crying turned to squeal as she left the maid's hand and crawled to Diane.
Diane picked her up, giggling and bathing her with kisses.