°CHAPTER SIX°

~---~---~----~---~-~--
A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.

- Edward Steichen -

°SIX°

TOMIDE sighed for the umpteenth time just from getting busy with editing the pictures from Adizza's shoot and all in his head is WHY. Why did she do it? He had frankly asked her not to, he did not like her and it was obvious she did not like him because things went wrong when she is around.

Didi! Diane! He remembered the name Adizza had called her and unconsciously he took his phone to search for her on Instagram luckily the first person he clicked on was her. He read her bio and snickered, it was way simple than he imagined, her page was like her simple.
Stylist. He scrolled down her pictures which were not many, just three pictures of her, sketches of her drawing, and some accessory shoot. He left the page before he clicked anything and found himself to blame.

He tried to focus on editing but no matter what Adizza's words haunted him. He left the editing room having mixed feelings, he walked to the kitchenette to eat sweets maybe so Adizza's word will leave his head and Didi's smiling face will leave him. He got to the Kitchenette and paused, the person in his head was seated on his green sofa watching his assistants practice with the camera. She turned to him and a smile wider than the sea spread on her face making Tomide stop in tracks and admire her petite body. She wore a white romper which brought out her clear dark skin colour tempting to feel, his eyes trailed to her lap which was free from clothes and smooth, he looked away before he walked over to her and placed a hand on her.

Her curly 16 inches wig framed her small place. She was beautiful and the beauty was alarming. He didn't like troublemakers so he did not want to acknowledge he was attracted to one. She was still smiling at him when Tony crept up on him clearing his throat Tomide jumped.

"What are you looking at?" Tony asked following Tomide's gaze. Tomide looked back and did not see anything, he rubbed his eyes with his hand while Tony watched him. "You want to get a new sofa?" Tony asked while Tomide pretended that was exactly what he was thinking. Tony is a quiet person and occasionally says a few words and those words at times contain truth or mockery, this time he didn't know which it contained.

Tomide nodded "Maybe add to it, then a TV but it's unnecessary." TV in a photo studio was useless and he knew it would take a lot of space and time.

"Yeah, it would." Their heads turned to the entrance as they heard the door open and just there Tomide wanted to shit out what he might have eaten because his hallucination just walked in looking exactly like what he had thought he had seen. Tony walked away to the editing room while Didi walked towards Tomide.

He had planned on thanking her even though he had warned her not to, on their next meeting but seeing her in his space the apology flew out the window.

"Good afternoon." She smiled like how she did in his head. He looked away as something jumped in his chest.

"G.. Good afternoon." He stammered, she looked at him weirdly and it tensed him up. Soon their gaze stopped playing who would look away first when Tony called him from the editing room. He didn't even tell her to sit he dashed to the editing room as fast as he could, hoping it was a dream as well.
"Did you see who walked in?"

Tony looked at him squinting his eyes not understanding the direction of the question. "Yes. The Lady who body-shamed you." Tony said blankly.

"How did.." Tomide started saying while Tony replied with a shrug. "Why did you call?"