°°CHAPTER FIFTEEN°°

FIFTEEN🌠

"NOT that I didn't want a reply, he should have said something, it doesn't have to be I like you too kind of reply." She sulked which she has been doing since she woke up. She had pretended to be asleep when he was leaving for the airport. She didn't want to see his face when she confessed that she liked him when she wasn't drunk.

She took out her clothes from the closet and dropped them on the bed next to the big empty box ready to pack for her flight at noon the next day. She still had a whole day in South Africa but she didn't know what to do, they had done a lot that she didn't have the strength to think of doing so she just packed her clothes and sulked which she was getting good at.

By the time the first box was filled up, she was tired and hungry, she picked up her phone to order food when the black card fell from the table, as she sighted the card she got an idea. The card was sent for shopping and squandering which she was good at as long as it was Mr Remi's money. When she was dressed and ready to go the food came in, she sighted the food and her stomach sang in hunger. She ate before leaving and stopped at the ice cream store to end her sulking, next to the big mall, walking in and out of different luxury stores getting one to five items trying to make herself feel better. She got from luxurious bags to shoes, clothes, perfumes, hats, make-up she didn't need, and some things for her niece. She went crazy on her shopping but had to stop when she couldn't carry any more bags and the cart one of the mall workers held was filled up. She got into the Uber after putting everything into the car, as she got settled, her phone beeped.

She checked it to see a business mail from a rich and popular Nollywood actress and the content of the mail excited her. She got better instantly at what shopping and ice cream could not do. She couldn't wait to send her reply as the excitement danced around her.

"Oh my God!" She screamed "sorry." When apologised to the driver smiling as she re-read the mail, getting excited for what is to come as she returned to Lagos. She could not wait as her lazy days were about to be over.

********

She stopped her car in front of the mansion in Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos. She was anxious and it could be seen all over her, she picked up her bag along with the huge bag of clothes from Di×Adizza's latest collaboration she was asked to bring along after getting payment. She put on her best smile after checking herself in the rearview mirror and got out of the car, and confidently walked to the door.

A maid came to open the four after waiting for some minutes. The house was pretty big and white, it was huge for only one person to be living in but it wasn't as huge as The Macaulay mansion. There was a camera set up of a production crew working and Diane became confused as she read the words on their shirt #LifewithLina. The maid told her to wait in the small living room opposite the entrance while she went upstairs to get her Madam, Lina Adele. The production crew greeted her and continued working on whatever they were doing. An hour of sitting passed before Lina came down and the camera followed her and just then Diane realised she was in a reality show that wasn't mentioned in the mail. Nothing was mentioned in the mail, except wanting to meet her, getting clothes and hoping to work with her.

Lina was on a black biker short and pink sports bra, her flat tummy shining with a ring adorned her belly button, her face was bare of make-up, her smooth skin and her phone in her hand.

"Thanks for coming," Lina said and sat next to Diane. "Act like there are no cameras it would not record a lot." That did not calm Diane but Lina did not care as she dived into business. "Today will determine if you will get the job for sure..." She stood up and started walking towards the staircase "Misty collect the bags from her." She called out to her maid and continued towards the stairs as she spoke. "I started this reality show in partnership with ZAC, I have a lot of events, just let off my lat stylist and you were recommended." They stopped in the first room after the spiral staircase which was a huge closet. "I am on my way for a lunch date with my partners so you are styling me, this is your interview... Also, I would be revamping my closet as you can see." The closet was neat but some clothes were in a huge box and a few colourful clothes that still had its label from luxurious brands were hung.

Diane got into business mode ignoring the cameras pointed to her face. Lina told her what she was feeling and judging by her many Instagram posts and the clothes in the closet Diane got that Lina loved colours and loved to play with them. Diane brought out a cute purple dress, a pink pantsuit and sky blue satin shirt that screamed lady boss and a blue short skirt with a small slit at the side paring with a green sheer sleeveless shirt together with a green puffy jacket. She discarded the purple dress after Lina said she wasn't feeling a dressy outfit as she went to get her to make up leaving Diane to pink between the lady boss outfit and the I am a boss but still cute outfit.

Lina came back with a pink robe, a blonde hair installer, her make-up done and Diane got what outfit she would choose. She gave Lina to change into, she came out of the dressing room at a corner and she couldn't stop checking herself out. "I didn't know you could peer a green shirt and blue skirt. I love it!" Diane smiled, took out the green clutch and shoes she had seen as she went through the clothes, and gave Lina a gold bracelet and wristwatch to go with the look and Diane couldn't be more impressed by her pick. Lina did not stop saying she loved it and on the spot, she gave Diane the job.

"Why don't you start tomorrow?... My assistant would send you an email and we would get to talk tomorrow." Lina checked herself in the mirror "Ohh this is pretty." She left the room with Diane behind her.

"This is huge... I am so happy for you." Derin exclaimed. Diane couldn't keep the joy in and called the first person to always receive her good or bad news. The week before she had come for the job after getting back to Lagos, Diane spent her days in Derin's house, talking about everything that happened in South Africa not leaving any detail out because Derin was one to know when she was lying then they moved on to the email that could change her life completely. She was so anxious about the job that all her thoughts were based on getting it, doing her very best and not slacking.

She didn't know how the job would be in the long run, but she was excited that finally, someone big in the country wanted to work with her and she was ready to do a great job.

-----_----_-----
So we did not meet Tomide in this chapter. Now that they are in Lagos, Tomide is back to work, and Diane has gotten a full-time job for now are they going to ever meet? Who knows??

Toke Makinwa is my Lina Adele. Check media for the model and the outfit. She gave me the idea.

Share! Click the star very important