Part 11

With her back leant against the wall, she waited impatiently. Her foot constantly tapping against the cobblestones whilst she leant her head back, rolling her eyes.

With a sigh, she extended her left arm and banged on the green door. "Hurry up, would you?" She shouted.

The door promptly opened, James' smirk never faltering as he walked off. Rose shook her head and jogged after him.

"Whose being slow now, eh?" He asked, picking his pace up to a run.

She just looked at him, sighing at his childlikeness before deciding she was going to beat him.

She pushed all of her will power and energy into her legs and ran before him, nearly causing him to trip. She turned around, running backwards if only to see his face.

"Come on, slow poke!" She laughed, before a gasp left her lips as she tripped backwards.

She anticipated the hard floor, the scratch of the cobblestones and the burn of her ripped skin. Though, no such pain came. Instead, she felt arms wrap around her waist that prevented her fall.

"You alright?" He asked, standing Rose up. She looked at him and smiled slightly, resetting her face into a smug look, if only to look unbothered but seeing him.

"Fine, tah. Right, James this is Zane, Zane this is James" she introduced them.

James sized him up, looking the guy up and down. He stood behind Rose, closer than he was before and nodded in greeting towards him.

Zane felt it hard to conceal his smirk, but did so successfully anyways. He looked down to Rose and smiled sweetly; "sorry, I'm busy at the minute otherwise I'd stay and chat. Nice meting you James"

"Yeah" James said, narrowing his eyes at the guy.

"Don't go falling for me again, Rose" Zane added with a chuckle, Rose just rolling her eyes at him.

The two best friends carried on their walk to the Garrison, in surprised silence.

Though Rose could not stand it. She looked towards James and raised her eyebrows at him.

"What's with you?" She asked, bumping his shoulder.

"I don't like that guy. What was his name again? Zac?" He shrugged.

"It's Zane...and why?" She said.

James just shrugged again "it's just a feeling"

"Yeah well, do you have the sudden feeling of loss? Because you're about to lose" she smirked, running through the Garrison doors to leave him running after her.

She fell into the snug, accidentally, but stood up and adjusted her hair before she mock saluted her family. A breathless James running in behind her, his hands on his knees as he heaved.

"Warning...next time" he coughed out, downing the dark mild that was on the table, causing Arthur to slap his hand away.

The teens collapsed onto the bench, watching Finn set the cards out.

"Shuffle these cards... Terms of play, John boy, terms of play." Arthur said, handing the stack to John. "Go and play snap with Finn."

Rose's eyes drifted to the snug doors, where a pretty blonde woman walked in. She didn't knock and her brothers didn't look shocked to see her. Hm. However, her eyes never left those of Tommy's. Their pupils interlocked in a force that was hard for them to break.

"Did you want whiskey as well?" The woman asked, an Irish accent slipping between her lips. Soft and Curt. Most curious. Who the fuck spoke to Tommy Shelby softly?