Rancid Atmosphere

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

Terrance walked with a pep in his step as he came into his favorite place to get a bite of something sugary to eat. The bell marked his entry, as usual, and the sweet smells instantly brought a smile to his lips, as did the figure behind the counter. His blue eyes followed her as he made his way to the usual both, excited to taste one of his beloved's delicious treats. It had been some time since he gained the courage to enter again. Y/N had been heated on their last meeting, but he simply couldn't resist coming to see her.

Terrance subconsciously blushed at the reminder of her hands upon his chest. His heart raced as he recalled it. He wanted more of that rough touch. It gave him such a rush. Y/N, on the other hand, thought her heart had stopped all together when she looked up from the restocked display of pastries that she had just filled and saw him there. She felt sickened by that shy smile and far-away look in his eyes.

No part of her wanted to speak to him, let alone take his order, but she kept Nathan's advice in the back of her mind. The last thing she wanted to do was escalate the situation, and some part of her was hoping Terrance would just give up on his pursuit of her after the way they left things off, but here he is. Y/N looked over to her grandmother and nearly asked the old woman to take her place as his waitress only to swiftly shut her mouth in fear of the possible outcome. The two of them had already made eye contact.

He would know she was avoiding him, and that might make him angry. Taking a deep breath, the woman pats down her apron and slowly makes her way around the counter to take his order. Her feet struggled to move closer, but otherwise, she kept her expression flat until she reached the table. Then, she forced a polite smile and greeted him cheerfully, as she always did, only this time it was fake.

"Good morning, Terrance. Know something you'd like?" Her acting was convincing enough to bypass the pink-haired man and get his whole expression to light up. Slightly, he nods his head.

"Would you say the lemon-blueberry cake is good, Y/N?" She went to give her opinion on it only to be interrupted by a rather disturbing giggle that made her stomach flip. It sounded almost childish in nature with a hint of madness. "Oh, who am I kidding. Everything you make is great. I'll have that."

"R- Right," she stammers before walking away. The waitress could feel his eyes burning into her back and thought she might break down from the stress as she went behind the counter to get what he wants. The man didn't even stutter when he spoke to her. His whole demeanor was something different, demented yet calm, borderline normal. It was freaky! Her stiffness was quickly noted by her grandparent, who turned her gaze over to their pink-haired customer.