Dark Roast Doused in Sugar

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————
____________________________________
Author's POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Author's POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

The room for group therapy was more or less what Terrance was expecting when he first walked in with his housemate, Nathan. It was being held in a relatively small room with boring, beige walls lined with motivational posters. The chairs were all lined in a circle, in the back of the room was a blank whiteboard with markers, and truthfully, the only saving grace of the whole dreary space was the folding table displaying coffee and complimentary snacks near the doorway.

"Where do you wanna sit?"

"Doesn't matter. I might just stand off to the side anyway. Choose wherever you want." Terrance obviously held no interest in this. He was going to be involved as little as possible until it was time to go home. Thankfully, there was a plan in place to, hopefully, get him to talk about something. Earlier, Nathan had given the man leading the group a call and told him a few things about the situation that was going on. He agreed to it, which was a relief, but the situation is still tense. They would have to dance around the topic carefully. His only comfort was knowing that Terrance would be unlikely to act out in front of a group of people.

'God, I hope this works.' The blonde stiffly nods before finding a place to sit, seeing as it was about to start. All the seats were mostly filled in already, but luckily, he snagged a spot right next to the therapist, Arnold Darrus. The both of them exchange a friendly smile, though Nathan displayed more worry on his face. His hands couldn't stop shaking as they laid, folded, on his lap and he nearly jumped when a hand was placed on his shoulder. Nervously, he glanced up at Terrance, who stood behind him with some sort of sticker stuck to his finger.

"Here, I think we're supposed to wear these. I already put your name on it. There were pens on the table over there," he explains quietly. Nathan relaxed swiftly and thanked him before sticking the name tag to his chest, and then, looking back at Terrance, who was also wearing one.

"I'm gonna make a coffee. Want one?" Nathan shook his head.

"Nah, I made one this morning. I think it actually made me kinda jittery." Terrance hums almost suspiciously before leaning off his chair.

"Fine." That was all he said before walking back to the table, and Nathan felt like he could breathe again. Still, he watched him cautiously until Arnold stood up and gained the attention of the room.

"I believe that everybody's here, so why don't we get started? First, we'll go around and introduce ourselves before saying why we're here. No need to be embarrassed about anything. Everyone here has their own demon to face, and with the right support, we can vanquish them. We all have to work together to get ourselves on the right track. I'll start, and then, we'll go around, starting from my right. My name is Arnold Darrus. I'll be your therapist for all our meetings. I hope to get well acquainted with each of you and help you all to reach your goals."