Sweet Scented Letter

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

     For once, everything felt... Normal for everybody. It was as if the old Terrance had returned, any remnants of creepiness hidden under lock and key. He regularly attended therapy with Nathan and came out of his room more often to spend time with him and his other housemates. From what he's heard from Y/N, he's been behaving himself better there too, aside from the occasional unnerving stare. As promised, he kept her updated on what was going on with Terrance at home, while she did the same about his less frequent visits to the shop.

He made sure to come in only if he didn't see Terrance through the windows. That pink hairdo was always a hard thing to miss, and thankfully, they haven't bumped into each other yet. He didn't visit Y/N often though either, only when he had something notable to say that would ease her mind. She looked so troubled whenever he saw her. He felt terrible for her. In time, their guards started to lower. Things seemed to be looking up, and even better, Nathan and his girlfriend would be getting their first place together in the coming weeks. He was genuinely excited for the move, regardless of the circumstances that prompted it. Even Sheila felt the same. It was the next step in their relationship, and Nathan felt much better leaving with the way things were going. On his way out the door one fine morning, Nathan was stopped by a voice right behind him.

     "Hey, Nate?" Turning his head with a hum, he faces Terrance who walked towards him with something held behind his back, a detail his mind noticed but pushed away for the time being. "While you're out, mind stopping by Sweethearts to pick up something sweet? Just ask whatever's new." He felt a chill at the mention of that place and unintentionally paused for a brief second of time.

"You sure?"

"Don't worry, I've been watching my sugar intake. It's just a small treat." The shorter man smiled and spoke assuredly, noting his housemate's hesitant tone. Nathan had no choice but to give in with a sigh.

"Fine, I guess." By a bit, Terrance's grin grew wider as he stepped forward and revealed the envelope he had been hiding behind his back.

"Oh, and give Y/N this if you see her." A lump formed in his throat as he stared at the letter with disguised fright. He made no motion to grab it and hoped Terrance couldn't read his expression well enough to know the track of thoughts racing through his head. He didn't like this. What are the contents of that letter? Why does he want him to deliver it? Why does this feel like a trap? The mystery of the reason was enough to twist his stomach into knots.

"What is it?"

"Don't worry about it," he brushes the question off nonchalantly while waving the paper about carelessly, "And no peeking. It's private. I mean it."