Sweethearts

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

———————————————
Your POV:
_____________________________

———————————————Your POV:_____________________________

_____________________________

Soft hums escape my pink, lipstick-covered lips in the tune of a happy song that I have stuck in my head as I remove a chocolate-raspberry cake out of the oven. After setting it down on the metal counter to let it cool, I remove the lavender purple oven mitts from my hands. I then search for the tub of homemade, fudge frosting that I had made earlier today before taking the cake out of the mold and allow it to sit for a moment, while I get the rest of the ingredients together. I spread the frosting over every inch of the mouthwatering dessert, the sweet scent of chocolate filling my nostrils. I never grow tired of the smell of sweets, which is why this is the perfect profession for me.

'Now, for the finishing touches.' I position heart shaped raspberry and vanilla flavored macarons around the edge of the round cake before grabbing a handful of raspberries and spreading them around the top.

' I position heart shaped raspberry and vanilla flavored macarons around the edge of the round cake before grabbing a handful of raspberries and spreading them around the top

The small cake is for a customer that plans to come to my grandmother's sweet shop at noon. Currently, it's 11:45AM, so the deadline is quickly approaching, which is putting me under a lot of stress right now, since I'm working alone right now. My grandmother is sick at home, which leaves me to take care of the shop alone, since she refuses to listen to me when I suggest she should hire more employees. I quickly prepare a white, cardboard box and set the cake inside before closing the lid and tying a thick, pink ribbon around it. After it's done, I pick up the box before taking it out of the kitchen and into the main section of the shop where customers are seated.

Right now, there are only three people inside the place, two of which have already been served. The walls are painted a pale pink, while the trim of the long, paned windows is white, and the tiled floor is in a blue and white, checkered patterned. Lining the walls on the left and right of the place are booths with rectangular, metal tables that have rounded edges and pastel pink and blue, cushioned benches, while the center of the floor has a few round, metal tables with four, blue and white stools surrounding each. Ahead is the glass, front door, and above, are two white, ceiling fans. The door I came out of is behind a glass counter, which displays numerous sweets inside and on top and also has an antique metal cash register on it. Adding a bit of decor to the room are numerous paintings depicting sweets.