Bitter Taste

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name
•E/C: Eye Color

———————————————
Your POV:
______________________________

———————————————Your POV:______________________________

______________________________

My body shook beneath the blanket wrapped snugly around my shoulders as I stare at the floor. I didn't sleep a wink last night, and I feel sick to my stomach, so I told grandma I was staying home today. I felt ill ever since I opened that disturbing gift Terrance gave to me, and I'm still in disbelief.

'How could he give me such a thing?! Is he mad at me for rejecting him?' He was hesitant to give it to me, so maybe he was unsure if he still felt that way, but still!

'This is too far even for someone you hate. A bloody rabbit's foot, really?!' What's worse is that I'm scared it might be from his own pet. He wouldn't really be so cruel as to hurt that poor animal, would he? My mind immediately tried to make excuses.

Maybe he found the foot on the ground after a wild rabbit was eaten by a dog or something? I just couldn't imagine him hurting anything. He was so sweet, but why would he do something like this? I gulp and glance over to the box sitting on the desk in my room. I wanted to throw it out, but I want to confront him.

I want him to tell me exactly what's going on. Before I go marching over to him, though, I need to gain some confidence and plan out exactly what I want to say to him. I peer behind me at the clock above the bed and give a drawn out sigh before getting up. The blanket falls to my feet as I walk over to my white dresser before picking out a thin sweatshirt colored with pale pink, blue and white stripes along with pale blue denim shorts and white socks.

 The blanket falls to my feet as I walk over to my white dresser before picking out a thin sweatshirt colored with pale pink, blue and white stripes along with pale blue denim shorts and white socks

After dressing, I stop by the bathroom to brush my hair, but don't bother with makeup aside from a light coat of lipgloss. Once I'm ready, I shakily hold the box in my hand and leave the house after putting on a pair of white sneakers.