𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖝. when you are young, they assume you know nothing

chapter twenty-nine

chapter twenty-nine.
( when you are young, they assume you know nothing )
cw: description of wounds & blood.

              WHEN WE'RE CHILDREN, OUR PARENTS TEND TO PROTECT US FROM WHATEVER they deemed 'scary' and 'harmful' for their young ones

              WHEN WE'RE CHILDREN, OUR PARENTS TEND TO PROTECT US FROM WHATEVER they deemed 'scary' and 'harmful' for their young ones. Their fierce protectiveness was what inevitably raised their children to become sneaky and liars, hiding every aspect of their life from their parents. It was a parental instinct to protect your child from the darkness in the world, even if it meant your child would resent you for the rest of their adolescence.

              Ascella sat in one of the upstairs bedrooms in Grimmauld Place, curious as to why Seraphina was so easy on allowing her daughter to know things about the Order. Was it what she believed Ascella could handle it? Because, the truth was, as much as she'd prefer to not admit it, Ascella wasn't so sure that she could deal with the truth behind Voldemort's rise once again, and the answers behind her existence. It was terrifying; to know that there were unsolved truths to your entire life, some that no one living could ever understand.

              The door to the bedroom swung open. Ascella glanced up, her silver eyes hooded, but they were easily able to comprehend the figure standing at the threshold. Harry Potter had significantly changed over the course of the weeks she hadn't seen him — much like Ascella, in some way. Inches had been added to his height, causing Ascella to have to peer up to him. His bronze complexion had darkened from the heat of the sun, and a very light splatter of freckles had planted themselves across the apples of his cheeks and nose, hidden beneath his circle-framed glasses. His unruly curls were as messy as ever; a few curls of raven hair spilling over his forehead and obscuring his sight ever-so-slightly.

              Hermione, who had arrived at Grimmauld a few days prior, wasted no time in flinging her arms around Harry's neck, the force of her hug causing him to stumble back slightly. "HARRY! Ron, Ascella, he's here, Harry's here! We didn't hear you arrive! Oh, how are you? Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have, I know our letters were useless — but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't, oh, we've got so much to tell you, and you've got to tell us — the dementors! When we heard — and that Ministry hearing — it's just outrageous, I've looked it all up, they can't expel you, they just can't, there's provision in the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Sorcery for the use of magic in life-threatening situations —"