18

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - mentions of death, blood
CW - swearing

DREAM -

One Year Earlier
I had a sudden idea. I stepped behind him and readied myself to run forward and push him over the edge.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you, my dear, I have a button in my pocket and if I press it, your sister dies,"
Oh shit...

"Don't you dare hurt her," I demanded, stepping back so he wouldn't get any ideas.
"As long as you behave, there's no need for her to die," NotFound turned on his heel and faced me, his arms crossed.
"Why?" I stepped closer to him, losing hope.
"Why what, sweetheart?" NotFound raised an eyebrow.

"Why me? What did I ever do to you? Why did you come after me?" I searched his brown eyes, they sparkled with evil in the moonlight.
"Oh come on, darling. You should consider yourself lucky," He smirked, reaching up to cup my cheek in his hand. I jolted away from his touch.
"Why?" I spat, glaring at him.

"No one ever gets to me," He said, "And no one ever will" He smiled coldly. I frowned.
"I got to you," I replied. He laughed breathily and shook his head.
"You've come closest. But now you're standing in my way," He took a step closer.
"Thanks," It was my turn to smirk now.
"It wasn't a compliment," He snapped.

"Yes it was," For the first time since stepping onto the roof, I was amused. NotFound let a genuine smile play on his lips.
"Yeah, okay it was. But the flirtings over, darling," Without warning, he flipped us around so I was facing the edge of the building. He pushed me against the ledge, a manic gleam in his eyes...

Present Day

"C'mon George, pick up," I tapped frantically at my phone screen as I sprinted towards the town centre. I had no idea where George worked so I decided to search every single restaurant until I found him. My feet pattered loudly on the concrete as I sped up, anxiety controlling my whole body.

NotFound knew about George. That was bad. He'd taken Sapnap. He'd taken Drista. Now he was probably after George. I didn't know what to do. I just knew I had to find George before NotFound did. I made it into town in fairly good time, but it mightn't have been enough, NotFound could already have George.

My panicked mind filled with images of George's lifeless body on the ground of some random restaurant kitchen. I shuddered at the thought and kept running. I made it to the town centre, a main road filled with cars and lined with bustling shopfronts. It was impossible to pick a single person out of the jostling, noisy crowd. I was quickly losing hope of finding George.

My phone suddenly started to ring and I fumbled to pull it out of my pocket. My heart jumped to my throat. George was calling. I hastily picked up and brought the phone to my ear.
"George?" I asked quickly, unable to block horrific images of George being kidnapped from my mind.
"I'm sorry, must be a wrong number, I'm not George," NotFound's distorted voice responded. Fear.

"What have you done to him?" I spat, clutching the phone so tightly that my knuckles turned white. NotFound laughed.
"Oh, my dear, how foolish you are," I could hear him moving around. It sounded like the phone was being transferred to someone else. After a few moments a new voice came over the speaker,
"Hola, detective,"
"Pato," I said through gritted teeth. NotFound's associate, Operative Pato, known for being a master at gambling and for being responsible for 78% of drugs in the world.

"Where's George," I asked, trying to be patient with him. I moved out of the street, trying to find somewhere quieter.
"He's at home, man," Pato replied happily. "You're cat's cute by the way dude," Pato chuckled and I heard Patches' faint meow.
"Don't fucking touch my goddamn cat or my goddamn roommate," I growled. I immediately rerouted and began sprinting back towards my house.

Pato laughed from the other end,
"Say hi to your precious Georgie," His voice was full of malice and my blood ran cold as I heard George call out,
"I don't understand! Who are you?" He sounded terrified. I hated it, I wanted him to be safe.
"GEORGE!" I called desperately, hoping he could hear me. George started calling out my name, begging for help.

"What do you say we play a little game, Detective," Pato asked, amused.
"What game," I spat, trying to keep my breathing even as I sprinted as fast as I could.
"How about 'would you rather?', I think it'll be fun," Pato said. I didn't like the sound of it but I decided to play along anyway, maybe it could buy me some time.
"Fine, go on," I replied breathlessly.

Pato laughed loudly from the other end.
"Alright, would you rather, my buddy Pandas here, burns down your house with George and Patches still inside, or, Pandas gives your precious roommate a good few punches and knocks him out?" Pato's voice was full of anticipation. I had an uneasy feeling that whatever I chose was going to become a reality. I took a deep breathe, I knew which was worse, which was more dangerous but I hated that George would get hurt in both of them.

"The second one," I mumbled after a while. I clenched my fists in anger as Pato laughed manically.
"You heard the man, Pandas, get punching," Pato's delight filled voice filled me with dread and after a moment I heard George yell out in pain. I got faster, determined to get home to George as quickly as I could.
"George just hold on, I'm on my way!" I called, hoping that he would hear me. I was about to call out again but Pato hung up on me.

I groaned in frustration as I rounded the corner onto my street. My house was at the very end and I urged myself to keep running, to get to George. When I finally reached my house, I flung the front door open and hurried inside. Pato, Pandas and NotFound were nowhere to be seen. I cursed loudly as I noticed a limp body lying on the living room floor. George.

I ran to his side and gently cradled him in my arms. He was covered in blood and bruises.
"Please be okay George," I murmured as I picked him up and carried him upstairs.

He had to be okay.

Word count - 1096

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!