40

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - mentions of kidnapping
CW - swearing

GEORGE -

Six and a Half Years Earlier

Dream and I hadn't spoken in almost a week. Sapnap had started picking me up for school instead of the blond. I knew Sapnap felt bad for me, he'd actually been the first person I'd come out to so he knew about my feelings the whole time.

"Morning," Sapnap said as I glumly slumped into the passenger seat of his car.
"Hi," I muttered dejectedly. I wasn't even sad that Dream didn't like me back, I was sad because he was refusing to be within three metres of me. Every time I got anywhere near him, he quickly walked away. Sapnap shot me a sympathetic look,
"He'll come around, dude," He said, his voice supportive. I fought the urge to scoff.
"Yeah, I guess,"

When we got to school, Dream was leaning against his car, his arm around Zoe. I felt a pang of sadness, it was usually me who stood beside him, it was usually me who he had his arm around. I quickly got out of Sapnap's car. Dream called a greeting to Sapnap who waved back. Then he turned to me, looking a little torn, I knew he was stuck in the middle of this,
"Go Sap, I'll be fine. I'll see you in science," I gave him a weak smile and he slowly nodded. I turned away before he had the chance to change his mind.

I decided to take refuge in the library, no one really went in there so I knew I wouldn't be bothered. I sat down on a beanbag in the back corner and pulled my book out of my backpack, 'Six of Crows' I found my bookmark and started reading, glad for the distraction.

I'd been reading for about ten minutes when I heard a voice above me,
"George, can we talk?"
I looked up in surprise and came face to face with Dream.

Present Day

I knocked lightly on Sapnap's bedroom door.
"Come in," A voice said quietly. I eased the door open and slipped inside.
Sapnap was lying in his bed, drowning in blankets, the lights off and curtains closed. I flicked the light switch and his room was suddenly bathed in warm light.

Sapnap winced and buried his head under his huge amount of blankets. I sat down beside him on the bed and after a moment he dropped the blankets away from his face. He looked awful. He had dark circles beneath his eyes and he looked like he hadn't shaved in a while.

"Hey," I murmured, smiling at him. He smiled back but it still had a sadness in it.
"Hi," He whispered, his voice hoarse.
"We'll get Karl back dude, Q and I are working on it," I assured him as I gave him a quick hug. I smiled weakly at me.
"Thanks brother, I appreciate it. I don't even know why I'm so useless, I just miss him,"

I nodded,
"I get it, it's gonna be okay Sap," I promised him.
We stayed hugging for a few minutes and after we broke apart I said,
"Do you want to come to the shops with me? I'm going to get ice cream," I offered, Sapnap deliberated for a moment before saying,
"Absolutely, you have the worst taste in ice cream dude,"

He kicked me out of his room so he could have a shower and get dressed before we left so I sat at the kitchen island, talking to Tommy. Drista wandered into the room.
"Weren't you going to get ice cream?" She asked in an accusatory tone. I rolled my eyes,
"Sapnap's getting ready then we'll leave," I explained. Drista nodded,

"Can I come too? I need to get away from him," She pointed at Tommy who placed a hand over his heart and pulled an offended face. I laughed,
"Sure Dris," I agreed.

Sapnap walked into the room a few minutes later, his beard had been trimmed and he looked a lot less sad.
"Let's go motherfuckers!" He cheered as he grabbed the house keys. Quackity came into the room and gave him a big hug,
"See you later dude," He said as the three of us walked out of the door.

We made our way down to the store, chatting the whole time. Drista was eager to hear all about Sapnap and Karl's relationship. Sapnap told the whole story but stopped before the part where Corpse took Karl for 'questioning'. Drista grinned excitedly,
"You're like real life Romeo and Juliet! Romeo and Juliet: Assassins edition," She was practically bouncing up and down as she came to this realisation. Sapnap rolled his eyes but grinned and nodded.

We arrived at the store and Drista bounded ahead through the doors. Sapnap and I followed her, already arguing about ice cream flavours. We followed Drista to the ice cream section, right at the back of the store. Drista scanned the options critically, her arms crossed.

"What do you guys think we should get?" She asked brightly. Sapnap and I immediately began speaking over the top of each other, arguing about caramel fudge and chocolate. Drista started laughing loudly and we stopped arguing, confused.
"What?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at her.

"Nothing, its just funny to me that two of the best assassins in the world are just standing here arguing about ice cream," She chuckled. Sapnap and I burst out laughing.
"Sapnap started it," I said once we'd calmed down. Sapnap shook his head,
"No way dude, it was you," We started arguing again and Drista started laughing harder.

"The dangerous and scary NotFound vs. the terrifying arsonist Pandas, who will win? George or Sapnap? Fight!" She grinned as we stopped arguing.
"Oh shut up Drista or we'll actually start treating you like a hostage," I warned playfully. Drista just rolled her eyes,
"Okay NotFound, do your worst," She challenged. I laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Let's just pick an ice cream," Sapnap groaned. I rolled my eyes,
"Okay Snapmap, have some patience,"
"I don't care if you're NotFound, George, I will still kill you if you call me that again," Sapnap laughed.

"George?" A voice said from the end of the aisle. I whipped around and saw Dream standing there, holding a bag of cat food.
"Shit," Drista muttered. Dream's eyes landed on her.
"Drista?" His voice was shaky. Tears slid down his cheeks as he looked at Sapnap.
"Sap? I don't understand,"

"Dream, listen," I stepped closer to him and he frowned,
"You're NotFound?" He asked, his voice filled with betrayal. I sighed and nodded.
"But just let me explain okay?" I said quickly, wanting to make him understand. He shook his head.
"You lied to me!" He yelled.

"Yes I did but I had a good reason!" I yelled back, suddenly filled with anger, "I'm not the guy you thought I was, Dream! I'm not that guy anymore. I don't know if I can be that guy again," I took a deep breath and stepped closer to him. He stayed still. "But, who you thought I was, is the guy I want to be,"

Dream stared at me for a moment, then he spoke in a shaky voice,
"I don't know who the fuck you are. You lied to me,"

Word count - 1217

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!