38

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - dead bodies, mention of murder, mutilation of dead bodies, mentions of gun, mentions of kidnapping
CW - swearing, fluff

DREAM -

When I woke up, George was sleeping beside me, a little apart from me as if he'd gotten up for water in the middle of the night and didn't want to wake me. I smiled warmly at him before reaching to grab my phone. I had one missed voicemail. I frowned, I didn't recognise the number. I opened my phone and brought it to my ear to listen the voicemail.

"Hello Darling,"
NotFound's voice spoke, distorted as usual. My eyes widened, scared.
"It's been so long since I left you a little gift, so guess what, I have something for you!" I could hear the smile in his voice.
"So lets play a little game of hide and seek shall we? I've hidden some bodies and you have to find it,"
The voice call ended.

I pulled the phone away from my ear, fear spiking through me. I knew I'd have to go out and find the bodies but I didn't want to leave George alone. Last time I'd left him alone after getting a call from NotFound, he'd been beat up. I looked over at the sleeping brunette, he looked so peaceful, I couldn't let him get hurt.

I pulled George closer into my arms and he stirred but didn't wake up. I decided to go back to sleep for now and think about NotFound when I woke up.

————

There was a loud knock on the front door. I looked up from the board game set up between George and I.
"You have to open it," I said matter of factly, "You're losing the game so you have to do it,"
George stuck his tongue out at me but stood up anyway.
"When I'm winning, you have to chug tomato sauce," He challenged as he sauntered out of the room. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Um, hi," I heard George say as he opened the door.
"Hello, is Detective Taken home?" A professional sounding voice said.
"Yeah, can I ask why you're looking for him?" George responded, his voice sounding a little intimidating.
"Can I ask who you are sir?" The professional voice said. I could picture George rolling his eyes.
"I'm George, Dream's boyfriend,"

I didn't have time to obsess and freak out over the fact that George had just called me his boyfriend because whoever was at the door was suddenly trying to shove past George who yelled loudly. I jumped to my feet and ran out of the room, wanting to make sure George wasn't hurt. When I got to the front door however, it was clear that George didn't need helping.

He was holding the visitor in a headlock. My eyes widened as I realised the visitor was the chief of police Boomer. Behind him stood his best detective, Hannah Rose, she looked shocked.
"Didn't you ever get taught that it's rude to walk into someone's house uninvited?" George asked threateningly. Boomer looked between George and I, a frightened expression on his face.
"Dream," He gasped, grabbing at me.

I shrugged,
"He's kinda right, its rude to just walk in," I said, causing Hannah to laugh and George to grin. Boomer frowned. George released him and stepped closer to me. I wrapped my arm around the brunette's shoulder. Boomer straightened up and brushed off his uniform, looking very embarrassed.

Hannah walked forward, clearly wanting to move past that whole interaction.
"Dream we're here on official business, we need to talk to you," She glanced at George, "In private," Boomer nodded beside her. I raised my eyebrows and looked at George who's expression was unreadable. After a moment I shook my head.
"George can hear, I trust him," I said firmly.

Hannah and Boomer shared a worried look before Hannah nodded and Boomer reluctantly did too. Then Boomer turned back to me.
"We've found three dead bodies this morning," He said solemnly. I tried to feign shock at the news. Of course I already knew this from NotFound's voicemail this morning. I nodded slowly.

"Do you know who it was?" I asked, pretending like I didn't know who it was already. Boomer took a wary breath and said,
"NotFound. He...erm got a bit creative,"
For the first time, I was genuinely surprised, what did they mean 'creative'. Hannah stepped closer.
"He carved his initials over the victim's lips," She murmured, clearly horrified by it, I was horrified by it too.

"And he did something else too," Boomer pulled three photos out of his coat pocket and handed them to me. There was a dead body in each, all of them men, all of them shirtless with words carved into their chest.
The first read, 'Hello Detective <3'
The second read, 'Did you miss me darling?"
And the third read, 'We'll meet again soon sweetheart'

I fought the urge to throw up as I stared at the images. NotFound had never actually maimed the bodies of the people he killed before, this was new and it was terrifying, if anything, NotFound was even more dangerous than before. I handed the photos back to Boomer and he took them before giving me a small blue piece of paper.
"This was with the third body," He said.

I opened the piece of paper and almost screamed. There was a photo of my sister, tied to a chair, a gun pressed to her head by whoever was holding the camera. I couldn't tear my eyes away for a moment, I was too horrified by the image to do anything. Then I turned my attention the note scribbled on the blue paper.

'I'm taking very good care of her :)
Drista says hi.
See you soon my dear <3'

I fought the urge to punch a hole in the wall as I crumpled up the paper and the photo and shoved it back at Boomer.
"I'll be back on the case tomorrow," I said firmly. Hannah and Boomer nodded.
"We'll be glad to have you back," Hannah smiled. I nodded.
"We'll be off then," Boomer said, clearly sensing my mood. I waved them goodbye as they walked away.

Once the door was shut, I turned shakily towards George. I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks. George opened his arms for a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, allowing tears to flow freely. George stroked my hair gently,
"It's okay, we'll get her back," He murmured gently.

We stayed like that for a while until I'd calmed down. Then we broke apart and I smiled warmly at him.
"So you're my boyfriend are you?" I smirked. George blushed and burying his face in his sweater paws.
"Shut up," He mumbled. I pulled his hands away from his face.
"Okay, boyfriend," I mumbled before kissing him.

Word count - 1130

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!