48

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - gun
CW - swearing, fluff

GEORGE -

Six Years Earlier

I'd been reading for about ten minutes when I heard a voice above me,
"George, can we talk?"
I looked up in surprise and came face to face with Dream....

"Um, yeah I guess," I said quietly, closing my book. Dream sat down beside me and his knee immediately began bouncing up and down.
"I've- I've been an asshole," He murmured. He looked up into my eyes and I smiled a little.
"Yes," I chuckled, "You have,"

"I love you, George," He said after a moment. I felt a mixture of butterflies and my heart sinking.
"Dream. I already told you-"
"No," He cut me off, "I don't love you in a platonic way. I love you in a romantic way," He smiled nervously and my eyes widened.

"But, what about Zoe?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at the blond. He chuckled bitterly.
"I broke up with her. Right after you left. Sapnap came over to the group and Bad asked how you were doing and I didn't mean to listen but I did. Sapnap said you were doing shit and that I'd really hurt you. And I just felt so awful and I was so mad at myself for hurting you and I sort of realised. I love you," He smiled gently.

"If this is a joke, I'm going to be so fucking mad," I whispered as butterflies exploded in my stomach. Dream laughed and took my hand.
"I promise you, this isn't a joke, I really love you and I want to take you on a date and I want you to be my boyfriend," He smiled gently, his eyes full of love. I grinned.
"Okay," I murmured.

He pulled me into a hug and after a moment I wrapped my arms around him, smiling widely.
"You're an idiot," I murmured,
"I'm your idiot," He corrected.

Present Day

I had a habit of making enemies. But this time I'd gone too far.
After the battle, what was left of the Amigops and the Cricket Crew had banded together and begun to rebuild their organisations. I'd been tasked with infiltrating their ranks and bringing them down from the inside.

It had been going well until some stupid computer nerd from the Amigops had hacked my multiple phones and found out that I was lying to them. Now I was on the run from extremely dangerous criminals. My only option was to leave the country and start a new life somewhere else in the world.

So, thats what lead me to the SBI private airport, heading towards a plane that would take me to England. Techno walked beside me, telling me about the security protocols set up for me at Heathrow Airport. I nodded as he spoke but I wasn't really listening. I couldn't believe I was actually leaving.

God, as much as I hated to admit it, part of me didn't want to leave Dream behind. Which was stupid because he was the one that hurt me but I still love him so much. Leaving felt like the last spark of hope for my love for Dream was being extinguished. And I didn't know if I could-

"George!"

I spun around, frowning, searching for whoever was calling my name. Beside me, Techno immediately reached for his gun. Shock jolted through me when I realised who it was. Running towards us across the tarmac, was Dream. He was waving his arms wildly and he was staring at me.
"Oh for fucks sake," Techno whispered, rolling eyes eyes.

"George! Can I please talk to you. Just for a minute?" Dream asked as he reached us. He doubled over, his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. "Just give me five minutes," He choked out between breaths. I crossed my arms and nodded, a small frown settling on my face. Techno sighed deeply and walked away from us.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently. I didn't have time for this. He'd hurt me too many times. Dream stood up properly and looked at me.
"I've been an asshole," He said, "I've been a mega asshole,"
"Yes. You have," I responded coldly. He wasn't deterred by my harsh tone.

"I love you, George" He murmured. I frowned as frustrated tears sprung upon me. I willed myself not to cry as I said,
"Stop it. Stop messing with me," I crossed my arms tighter.
"I'm not. I swear. I was a fucking idiot. I was so overwhelmed by the battle and seeing Drista and finding out that you're NotFound that I spoke without thinking," He paused, his eyes boring into mine.

"I've never regretted anything more than letting you walk away. I'm so sorry," He stepped closer to me, "George, I love you. I love you more than anything in the world,"
I let the tears begin to fall gently down my cheeks.
"If this is a joke, I'm going to be so fucking mad," I whispered. He smiled.

"I promise you, this isn't a joke, I really love you. George, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I have always wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. And if you let me, I'll be by your side forever. I have no intention of ever letting you go again. Unless of course you want to. Consent is important. I don't want to pressure you or anything. That wouldn't be okay-"
"Shut up," I ordered. He closed his mouth. I smiled warmly at him.

"I love you too," I grinned.
"You do?" He asked, beaming.
"Of course I do," I pulled him into a hug.

"You're an idiot," I murmured,
"I'm your idiot," He corrected. "Can I kiss you?" He whispered.
"Yes,"
He leaned down and connected our lips.

When we broke apart, he looked down at me, a dazed look of happiness in his eyes. But I couldn't help but feel a stab of worry in my chest.
"Dream, what if we lose each other again?" I whispered, taking his hands in mine. He kissed my forehead gently before saying,

"That won't happen Georgie. And even if we do, I know that we'll always find our way back to each other. Because no matter how much we fight or fall out or forget, I will always love you," He squeezed my hand but I still felt a little worried.
"But what if you forget me again and when we find each other, you hate me?" I asked, my voice shaky. Dream shook his head quickly and pulled my close to him.

"No, darling.
Never, not once in a million years could I ever
hate you,"

Word count - 1112

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!