30

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - amnesia, mentions of hospital
CW - fluff

GEORGE -

Six and a Half Years Earlier
"I love you,"
"I love you more,"
"No, I love you more,"

"They're disgusting aren't they?" Dream leaned over to me, pulling me out of my thought.
"What?" I turned to the blond. He was sitting on the bleachers beside me, one arm flung carelessly around my shoulder, like always.
"Sapnap and KaThLeEn," Dream responded in a high pitched naively imitation of Sapnap's girlfriend Kathleen.

I looked over at the pair. Sapnap was in his football uniform, his hair slicked with sweat. Kathleen's bleach blonde hair was pulled into a very tight ponytail and she was wearing a very tight cheerleaders uniform that exaggerated certain aspects of her body. Sapnap was leant over the railing, still standing on the grass whilst Kathleen was sitting in the first row of seats, next to the other cheerleaders.

"You don't like her," I noted to Dream who was downing his second water bottle in five minutes, "You're going to piss your pants in the middle of the game if you keep drinking," I informed him, causing him to snort with laughter and spit out the water in his mouth.
"I'm not going to piss my pants," He chuckled,
"You are, pissbaby," I grinned and we both fell about laughing.

"Okay fine, maybe you won't piss your pants, but you still don't like Kathleen do you?" I said after a moment. Dream nodded grimly,
"Sap's too good for her. I swear, she's slept with half the guys on the football team," He said bitterly, casting an annoyed glance at Sapnap and Kathleen who were making out over the railing.
"Has she slept with you?" I asked, trying to pretend like I didn't care. Dream scoffed,
"Absolutely not,"

I fought the urge to sigh in relief as I laughed lightly, Dream winked at me suddenly,
"I had to reject her advances, I told her my heart belongs to my precious Georgie," He pulled me closer to him, grinning. I rolled my eyes and pushed him off, ignoring my aching heart.
"Leave me alone, go and win the game, idiot," I said, shoving Dream towards the football pitch. He grinned at me.

"I'll win just for you Georgie," He promised, his voice sincere. I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "Love you best bro!" Dream said, waving as he walked away.
"Love you too, idiot," I called back, smiling brightly. He blew a kiss at me and I shook my head.

"I'll win for you baby," Sapnap called to Kathleen as he ran onto the pitch. Dream fake vomited, and grinned at me.
"I'll win for you hot stuff!" Dream yelled at me, wiggling his eyebrows. I burst out laughing and buried my face in my hands, hiding my burning cheeks.

Present Day

I spun on my heel, panic shooting through me.
Dream stood in the doorway, his face streaked with tears. He was holding the photo of me ready for my first school dance. I had cropped Dream out of it but he seemed to have realised that it was his arm around me.
I opened my mouth to speak and then closed it again, not knowing what to say.

"Why would you keep this from me?" Dream asked, sounding heartbroken. I could feel tears creeping up on me.
"Why the fuck do you think? Do you not remember turning me away from your house? I had to live on the fucking streets for weeks. I've spent the last four years missing you! I just missed you and I wanted to see you again! I didn't know I'd end up living with you!" I could feel the tears spilling down my cheeks

I looked down at the floor, feeling embarrassed. Dream was silent for a moment. Then I heard him move closer.
"What happened? I remember most of it, but I want to hear it from you" He said quietly. I took a deep breath.
"We were dating, we had been for a year or so, but I'd been in love with you for years before that. My parents are homophobic and we knew they'd never accept me. I was going to live at your house, we were going to stay there until we could afford our own place,"

I took another deep breath and Dream stayed silent, I continued.
"We went to tell my parents about us and about me leaving. They got angry. Dad shoved you, you fell and hit your head, you were bleeding badly. They took you to the hospital. I walked there at one in the morning because dad refused to drive me. I stayed by your side until you woke up. Then they told me I had to leave so the doctors could talk to you,"

I could see all of the memories flashing past in my mind.
"Then they told me that you had amnesia and you'd forgotten a few things, mostly things related to the head trauma. I thought they meant my parents, the accident, maybe the fact that they're homophobic. I wasn't allowed back in to see you. Your mum came out of the room and she was crying and she kept telling me that she was sorry. They let Sapnap in and when he came out he hugged me and said he was sorry too,"

I looked up at Dream for the first time and he was staring at me with tears in his eyes,
"A few days later, they sent you home. Your dad came round to the motel I was staying at, he never liked me much so I was surprised to see him. He didn't like us as a couple, he hated me really. But he was at my door one morning and he told me to pack my bags and come to your house that night. He said you'd be the only one home because the others were going out to dinner but you weren't ready to go anywhere yet,"

"I was eager to agree. I didn't have enough money to stay another night at the motel. I had nowhere to go. I was excited to see you again. I waited until it got dark and my time at the motel was up. Then I walked forty minutes to your house. I was exhausted when I got there. I didn't have a phone to text you, my dad had taken it and smashed it. I knocked on your front door. You answered,"

I felt tears sliding down my face and I noticed that Dream's eyes were full of hurt. I knew he remembered this bit.
"I hugged you when I saw you and I told you I loved you and that I'd missed you. You pushed me away and you told me that you didn't know who I was. I told you but you didn't believe me. You told me to get out of your house. You slammed the door in my face. I had nowhere to go. I slept in an alleyway, I used my backpack as a pillow,"

I stopped. I couldn't keep talking. I didn't want to remember the days after that. Dream moved closer to me, tears in his eyes.
"I'm sorry George," He whispered.

Then he took my hand.

"I remember now. I know it might be too late but I remember everything," He gave me a weak smile before saying, "You didn't even have to kiss me on a cliff at sunset," I laughed through my tears.

The old Dream was back.
My Dream was back.

"George, when I say I remember, I mean it. I remember everything,"
He leaned even closer,
"I remember how much I love you. Even without my memory, I started falling for you. But I remember George,"

My breath hitched in my throat and my mind was screaming at me to run away. But his eyes were so honest, I knew he wasn't lying to me.
"I remember George. I loved you. I still do,"

He cupped my cheek in his hand.
"I've missed you so much. I love you," His eyes searched mine, "Can I kiss you?"

No. "Yes,"
I hate you. "I love you,"

He smiled.

And then he kissed me.

Word count - 1370

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!