37

Art by Sockpaws!
TW - none
CW - swearing, fluff

DREAM -

The last month had been bliss.
I'd been slowly piecing together the rest of my memory and things with George were getting better and better every day. At first, it had been a little awkward, getting reacquainted after so long but after a few days we were completely comfortable with each other. I was definitely falling for George all over again, it almost felt like I'd never stopped loving him at all, like I'd just had a horrible dream about forgetting him and that was it because when I woke up, everything was okay.

————

"Dream! No!" George screeched as I held the rotting tomato towards him. He bolted around the kitchen island, yelling loudly. I grinned and chased him.
"Georgie," I murmured in a low voice, he giggled nervously,  "Oh George!" I ran around and blocked his exit, he screeched again and ran over to the pantry. He ran inside and shut the door.

"Oh come on now, you can't hide from me in there," I grinned as I sauntered over to the door.
"Shut up," George's muffled voice retorted. I laughed lightly and walked over to our food bin and threw the tomato in. I then walked back over to the door of the pantry and opened it easily.

George had his fists in front of his face, looking very prepared to fight me. I smiled.
"Cute," I said, causing his cheeks to turn red. Then I shut the door of the pantry in his face. I heard him huff in annoyance as I walked out of the kitchen. I went into my bedroom and collapsed on the bed. I pulled out my phone and started playing some dumb mobile game.

A few minutes later, George walked into the room and, refusing to make eye contact with me, flopped onto the bed beside me. I beamed at him,
"Hey," I murmured in his ear, trying to get him to look at me. He huffed and turned away. I fought the urge to laugh as I put my phone down and wrapped my arms around George's small frame, pulling him into my chest. I kissed his neck gently and he huffed again.

"Oh come on now, angel, don't be mad," I chuckled. George rolled his eyes but smiled anyway.
"Okay I forgive you," He said smugly. He rolled over so he was facing me and grinned.
"Thank you for your forgiveness," I chuckled before leaning forward and planting a chaste kiss on his lips. When we broke apart, he started fiddling with my hair which was getting longer.

"I've been thinking," He said after a moment. My heart sped up, my anxiety spiked a little.
"Thinking about what?" I asked, easily masking my nervousness. He tilted his head back, casting his gaze to the ceiling.
"In adventure books and films and stuff... they never brush their teeth,"

I burst out laughing. It came out more like a wheeze as I struggled to get air into my lungs. I kept laughing as George desperately tried to prove his point.
"No, because I'm right! They literally never ever brush their teeth! They go off on these huge adventures and like save the world and stuff but they've probably got the most fucking disgusting teeth," He insisted.

I continued laughing as I stared at George who was indignantly still trying to prove his argument. I smiled warmly at him and as I stared at him arguing his stupid point, it hit me how much I truly loved him. I was overcome with this warm fuzzy feeling. The whole world seemed to disappear as I stared at George. It was almost like he was surrounded by a glowing golden light that was drawing me to him.

Ever since I'd got my memory back I'd been so overwhelmed by the huge tidal waves of feeling that I'd forgotten about for so many years. It was almost too much to handle, how much I'd really loved George before I'd lost my memory. It had been building over the years until suddenly I'd lost it all. But I know I remembered and it was the best feeling.

God I loved him so much.
I gently took George's hand in mine and he abruptly stopped talking.
"Are you okay?" He asked, looking a little worried. I nodded and smiled.
"I love you George, and I'm so sorry I forgot for so long," I squeezed his hand and his cheeks turned red as he smiled back.
"I love you too," He murmured before leaning in. Our lips connected and I smiled into the kiss, feeling elated.

After a while we broke apart and George grinned. We fell back onto the pillows and I pulled him into my arms. He rested his head on my chest and wrapped his arm around me. I kissed his forehead lovingly and closed my eyes.
"I missed you," George mumbled tiredly. I smiled sadly,
"I missed you too," I murmured.

I drifted off to sleep, holding George close in my arms. I vowed to myself that I would never let him go again.

————

When I woke up, George was gone. But I could still hear his voice. He seemed to be sitting at the end of the bed, talking on the phone.
"Yeah, I promise I'll visit you guys soon, I wouldn't miss a chance to see my favourite idiot children," He chuckled lightheartedly. I heard a loud voice from the other end of the phone.

"Yeah yeah, tell Tubbo I said hi too," George grinned. I sat up slightly and grabbed his waist.
"Come back to cuddles," I mumbled, struggling to form the words in my tired state. George glanced down at me, slightly panicked but he let a smile play on his lips when he saw my tired state.

"I have to go Tom, I'll text you guys later,"
"..."
"Bye!"

He hung up his call and turned to me, smiling.
"You're an idiot," He said with a light chuckle, I just hummed and pulled him back into my arms.
"M'love you, Georgie," I murmured. George murmured something in reply, but I'd already fallen asleep.

Word count - 1027

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!