Chapter 32

That night I went to bed late. After everyone in my family.

As I was climbing into bed after getting changed and brushing my teeth I heard the tapping of small stones being thrown at my window.

I knew it was Joe. I considered ignoring it.

I put my shoes on and went downstairs and out the front door.

"Hey." I said to him. He hadn't seen me come out. He was still looking up towards my window.

"Hi." He smiled at me walking over towards me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Joanne said you were mad at me." He got straight to the point.

"Well now I'm mad at her too. That was a private conversation." I wasn't really mad at her.

"Don't be like that."

I didn't say anything.

"Can we go somewhere?" He asked.

"I'm in my pyjamas." 

"Can we go to your room then. We're just standing in the street." 

I considered it, it was a risky place to talk. Everyone was asleep though and my family did tend to be quite heavy sleepers. "Ok," I took his hand, "but you have to be quiet. And you can't stay this time." I warned him.

"I hardly meant to stay last time!" He whispered and we went through the front door slowly.

Once we were in my room he took off his shoes and we sat on my bed.

"Heard you've been talking about me all day." Joe tried to tease.

"Did Joanne tell you everything we talked about?"

"No hardly anything," he shook his head, "I'm just good at getting information out when I want it."

I shook my head, "why did you just leave me earlier? Why couldn't we have come along?" As I spoke I felt whiney.

"It was just guys, Olivia. I couldn't bring my girlfriend!"

"So I'm just your girlfriend now!" I had to try really hard not to raise my voice at all, "all those guys are my friends too! If we ever break up is that what's going to happen you go off with all the guys and then I'm left with just Joanne except I'm not left with Joanne because even she's your cousins!"

"Is that what your worried about!" He looked hurt, "what you'll do when we break up?"

"No of course not! I'm just saying they're my friends too."

"That's what it sounds like what you were saying."

"Joe, I didn't mean it like that."

"I'll see you tomorrow. Ok?" Joe got up and took his shoes.

I ran after him.

"Joe!" I shouted after him once we were out of the house and in the street.

"Shhh!" He said spinning around looking at the house.

"No. You can't just walk away from me."

"Well is that not what I'll do when we break up?" He asked childishly.

"Stop it!" I demanded, "I didn't mean it like that! I was just hurt that you went off with all the guys and didn't include me. Will you stop saying that!"

"You said it!" He threw back at me.

"I didn't mean it!" I was almost shouting.

He looked at me then grabbed me and kissed me. I kissed him back.

After a few minutes I pulled back and said, "what are you doing?"

"Kissing you."

"Why?"

"Didn't know I needed a reason now."

"You were mad at me a few minutes ago." I said.

"You're really cute when you're mad." He mumbled and then he kissed me again.

We kissed in the street for a while until I wasn't mad anymore.

"Will you come back inside?" I asked him gently.

"I thought I wasn't allowed to stay?"

"You're not. Just come in for a little bit." 

"Ok. But I really can't stay."

"I don't want you to have left mad at me."

Joe followed me back up to my room.

"That was quite dramatic." He said sitting back down on my bed.

"You were quite dramatic." I replied narrowing my eyes at him.

"I just went and hung out with my guys for one day!"

"Your guys." I teased. I couldn't help it.

Joe pretended to put on a really macho voice, making his voice even deeper than it was normally, "yeah. My guys. Do you have a problem with that?" He asked making an over the top dramatic surly face.

I couldn't help it I laughed.

"Shhh." He said laughing with me.

"Sorry." I tried to laugh quieter but the more I tried the more I laughed.

"You're going to get us caught." He said.

"I know. I know." I was trying really hard not to laugh now.

I pushed my face into his chest and laughed against him until I had it all out of my system.

"Was that really that funny?" He asked me. 

"No." I giggled again.

He shook his head at me.

"Can I ask you a serious question? But you have to promise not to get mad." I asked sobering up.

"I'm not going to get mad at you!" He sounded upset at the idea, "I'm sorry about before."

I was nervous to ask so I leant back against him so that I wasn't looking into his face, "do you promise that if we ever break up. And I'm not saying that we are going to, I'm just saying, god forbid something happens and we do, that we can still be friends."

His pinky finger appeared in front of us. I smiled and linked mine with his.

I then turned around so I was facing him.

"Nothing is going to happen." He said to be gently, "I love you. I can't imagine life without you."

I kissed him, "I love you too." I said when I pulled away, "so much."

Please comment and vote! I want to hear from you! Please comment what you think and anything you think could be improved!!