Chapter 36

"Olivia!" Mum called out for me before I could go straight up to my bedroom.

I went into the kitchen, "What part of leave the neighbours alone did you not understand?" I asked sitting down with her.

"Joe's parents weren't even there!"

"You didn't know that!"

"So have you and Joe made up?" She changed the subject.

"Yes." I answered simply. Not giving her the details.

"Will you tell me what happened now?" I had refused to tell mum what was wrong much to her dismay.

"Nothing really. It was stupid and it's over. I don't want to think about it." I said standing up.

"Have you forgiven your brother?" She called out after me.

I still wasn't speaking with Ethan after what he said to Joe. It seemed to bother mum more than it did Ethan.

"No." I answered simply before leaving.

That night I heard the tapping on my window that I knew was Joe.

I went outside and hugged him tightly straight away. Glad to be close to him again.

"This is what got us into this mess in the first place." I reminded him.

"I wanted to see you. I promised I'd see you soon, remember?" He asked.

I nodded my head. Of course I remembered.

"Let's go for a walk." He said holding out his hand for me to take.

I took his hand and we started walking down the street slowly. We had no where to be.

"I'm sorry I treated you that way." Joe said as we strolled, "if it makes you feel any better I've been getting an earful from Joanne and my aunt."

I laughed, "it's ok." I told him, "I'm just happy to have you back," i squeezed his hand, "but don't do that again."

"I won't." He brought my hand up to his face to his the back of it, "I promise."

"Come on, happier topics," I said, "what have you been doing the past few days?"

"Err nothing." Joe shook his head like he didn't want to answer.

"Nothing? You must have done something? What are your lads up to?" I put emphasis on lads to tease him.

"I haven't seen anyone. Aaron and Simon came to the house but I told them I'd see them soon. I helped Joanne move all her stuff out of my room though, that was nice. What have you been doing?" He tried to change the subject.

I smiled at him, "I haven't been out either. Just sulking in my room."

"Sorry." He winced.

"Stop saying sorry. It happened. It's over. It's not going to happen again. Right?" I stopped walking so I could look directly into his eyes.

"Right." He nodded, then grinned, "I am sorry though. Just for the record."

I shoved him, "you're an idiot. Just for the record."

His arm went around my shoulder, "oh yeah that too." We kept walking.

Once we got back to my house we stood outside.

"Come inside?" I asked him, "I don't want you to leave."

He looked hesitant, "I want to but what if Ethan or someone hears us?"

"I don't care about Ethan," I dismissed then I took a step closer to him and lowered my voice, "and we can be really quiet."

I knew that would work.