Chapter 3 - Elevator Encounters

Gazing out from the tiny balcony Ingrid couldn't help but feel completely stunned at the sight that presented itself in front of her. The fog that rolled over the lake that was spreading out before her looked like something straight out of a movie. People were often amazed by London and its beauty, but after having lived there for all of her life Ingrid didn't share those thoughts anymore. However this sight before her, of Geneva. That was a truly marvellous sight.

She couldn't believe that she was actually here, in Geneva, Switzerland. A couple of weeks ago if someone had told her that would be the case, she wouldn't have believed them. But here she was.

Turning around and walking back into the small hotel suite that she currently occupied, Ingrid's gaze fell upon the note lying solitarily on a desk just to her right. The note was in fact an invitation to the FIA's start-of-the-year ball. It was an exclusive event, and one that she for some strange reason had been invited to.

Everything still felt like such a dream, Ingrid couldn't believe the luck she had had recently, but nothing was set in stone yet. She had been invited to the ball with a purpose; she was there to meet with and impress Dr. Gary Hartstein as well as other FIA higher-ups. It was what she needed to do in order to secure her dream job, and she would do everything she could in order to do just that.

She had arrived in Geneva yesterday and had ended up just walking about and exploring the beautiful city all day long. The city had its similarities to London, but with a very different sense of familiarity, and the Swiss people had been nothing but incredibly kind towards her, something you didn't experience often in London these days.

Taking down her long beige coat from a hanger in the hallway, and putting on a scarf and some gloves Ingrid decided upon heading out into the cold winter weather in Geneva. She had a bunch of things to get done before tomorrow's gala, and most important of all...

She had to buy a dress.

Ingrid had never been to a proper ball before, not unless you counted a couple of school dances which in all fairness. Ingrid didn't.

Sure she had been to too many weddings to count on one hand, but she didn't want to wear any of those old rags, no. She had to dress to impress, and who knew what type of people she could potentially run into at the ball.

Out of sheer curiosity Ingrid had looked up previous photos and videos from the ball, and Mr. Lavigne hadn't been kidding when he'd told her that important people would be there. A handful of drivers, team principals as well as other important people in Formula 1 usually showed up every year. Even the fiercely private Sebastian Vettel loved to rock up to the start-of-the-year ball, one of the few times when you actually had the possibility to see him in something other than his race suit, team apparel or just plain clothing.

Ingrid had scampered across the web late in bed last night just looking through masses of photos and videos of Sebastian at balls and other more formal occasions. In her opinion he should wear suits more often. The way his arms looked in those tight suit jackets made her mouth water and the thought of tying a tie tightly around his neck whilst staring into his ocean-blue eyes made her insides tingle. The possibility to simply reach out a hand and stroke over those beautiful plump lips of his, to feel the texture of his unshaven cheeks against hers, to reach out her fingers and run them through those golden locks of his as though they were the most precious things on this earth. His breath against her lips, whimpers coming out of his mouth as she would kiss her way all over that magnificent face of his. A nibble at an earlobe here, a tease of her tongue over his Adam's apple there. And then she would slowly but steadily make her way down. Ripping open his suit coat in order to feel his hot skin against hers, his perfectly sculpted chest ending in a trail of curly hair leading down to...