Chapter 20 - Past the Point of No Return

The moment the door opened to the hotel room that awaited in darkness, Ingrid could feel her insides start to churn all over again. Truth be told, they hadn't stopped ever since they started making their way back to his hotel room. With a warm hand pressed towards her lower back, she could feel the heat coming off of him spread throughout her body. He was the definition of warmth, wasn't he? It was always radiating from him, be that in the form of his voice, in the way he smiled, the way his eyes shone, or in the touch of his hand.

After their kiss out in the Melbourne streets, they had broken away from one another with big grins on their faces. Ingrid had never seen Seb's eyes sparkle so brightly before. It was like her lips on his had lit a thousand stars in his ocean-blue eyes. He had swiftly grabbed her hand in his and together they had walked with a brisk pace back towards his hotel room. Her shoes in his hand, and his shoes on her feet. Ingrid had been too distracted, her head remaining amongst the clouds since their kiss, to notice that he had veered off in the direction of his hotel room, and not hers. But she let him lead her away wherever he wanted to go, she was too engrossed in the lavender haze to say no to him.

They hadn't spoken a word to each other since the kiss, but the tension in the air was so thick that you probably could cut it with a knife if you wanted to. Neither of them was sure if they wanted to do that.

Ingrid could feel the nerves starting up inside her all over again, apart from the disrupting feeling in her stomach, her fingers were now fiddling as well. For a few moments of carefree bliss, she had been able to put all her complicated thoughts aside to enjoy a kiss with the gorgeous man still keeping a steady hand on her lower back, guiding her into the gorgeous suite that must have cost the Red Bull team a fortune to account for. Life as a Formula 1 driver certainly didn't treat him too shabby regarding hotel suites.

Meanwhile, Seb couldn't quite believe the scene that was playing out in front of him. Ingrid was back with him in his hotel room.

He did not want to get too ahead of himself, but he could already feel his body starting to react to the fact that he now had this exquisite woman here all to himself. No Jenson around, no one that could interrupt them anymore. Just gazing at the back of her head was mesmerising as her golden locks kept bouncing up and down with every step she took further into the suite. It was a bit too big for his liking, but right now he didn't mind that at all as he watched Ingrid marvel at the luxurious room opening up in front of them.

The kiss had been just as good as the first one they had shared in what felt like an eternity ago on the beach in Geneva, and Seb was now more determined than ever to not give up on what they potentially could have. He still didn't have all the answers to what was going on in Ingrid's busy mind, he knew more things were going on behind the scenes than she wanted to let on, but he wasn't going to stop at the first hurdle. He hadn't, and he was sure that she would be worth the fight.

But, not for the first time around her, Seb was nervous. He wasn't sure how he was going to play this one out. The most important thing was to not scare Ingrid away again, but he was desperate for more answers to what was going on in her life. He wanted to get to know her inside out and he wanted her to trust him enough so that she could share these things that were bothering her.

The truth that he hadn't dared to phrase in his head before was that he wanted her to become something more to him, but whatever that more would be was probably a conversation for another day. The fact that he had found her crying in the streets was enough proof of that. He didn't want to put too much pressure on her, but deep inside he knew that he would never be able to only let her stay as a friend. He wanted more. He needed more.

Seb had let his hand fall away from her waist to switch the lights on, and in wonderment Ingrid started stepping further into the gorgeous suite laid before her. The room she was entering had floor-to-roof windows entirely made out of glass through which the bright city lights of Melbourne could be seen, and the room held a ginormous television on one wall as well as a big sofa with a coffee table in front of it paired with a comfortable-looking armchair. It looked like something straight out of a real-estate magazine for a penthouse in New York City. But the thing that captured Ingrid's attention more than anything else, was the fridge filled to the brim with wine and other spirits just waiting to be opened in the corner by the window.