Chapter 6 - Enchanted by Eachother

"You're telling me now that you danced with Sebastian Vettel at the FIA gala?!"

Ingrid flinched at the shrill voice breaking through the speakers on her phone. With a quick look to the right and then to the left she made her way across the busy Thursday street in Central London.

"Ingrid, answer me now or I'll come over and break down your apartment door myself. Just because I've been gone for five months doesn't mean we've stopped being friends. I demand an answer!"

Ingrid knew she couldn't withhold any more information from her one-and-only friend apart from her own brother, Martha.

Because what Martha said was true, she hadn't been the best at informing her friend about her life recently.

Martha had been on an exchange trip to Costa Rica working as a tutor at a local school there which had made communication between the pair of them a bit strained recently. Normally Martha could be found working as an english teacher at a secondary school in Milton Keynes, having moved there after spending all her life growing up in London alongside Ingrid.

Ingrid didn't really consider Martha as a friend, if there were something such as soulmates in this life then Martha was hers, she was sure of it. She didn't need a man when she had Martha and they always found their way back to each other. It didn't matter that they hadn't talked for a while, conversation always picked up straight away and that was proof enough why they were such good friends.

From the moment they had met each other in school all those years ago they had been inseparable, well apart from the last five months.

Ingrid had hated the prospect of Martha moving to another country, but it had always been her dream to live in a Hispanic country and tutor English to children there. Her family originated from Costa Rica and she had always adored what she considered her home-away-from-home even though she had unfortunately never visited the country until now.

Ingrid and Martha were currently face timing each other whilst Ingrid made her way to work, and Ingrid had instantly been jealous of the way Martha's tanned skin was glowing, which could be seen even through the phone screen, as well as the way her long and curly black hair framing her face looked healthier than ever after a few months in "paradise" as she had described Costa Rica just moments ago.

Due to quite poor phone connection in that specific area of Costa Rica, as well as for other reasons such as Martha meeting the 'love of her life', Gabriel, in the small town of Zacero, the friends were only now catching up on all the details regarding Martha's 'once in a lifetime' trip.

And it was whilst listening to Martha gush about her time spent in Costa Rica and her time spent with Gabriel that the subject of what Ingrid had been up to and if she had met that special someone was brought up, and without even realising what she was doing Ingrid had now spent the last half an hour talking about everything that had happened with work, life, Formula 1 and therefore also the teeny, tiny fact that she had spent an evening at a gala dancing with the current Formula 1 world champion, Sebastian Vettel.

Ingrid's mind had been so caught up in Martha's love story about meeting Gabriel on her first night in Zacero that the conversation about them had ebbed out into a recollection of what had occurred during her weekend in Geneva. A recollection that had now become way more descriptive than Ingrid had first wanted it to be.

The Costa Rican 'love story' however had started when Martha met Gabriel on her first day in Zacero when she couldn't find the place where she was going to stay during her visit. She had been wandering through the small town when her "knight in shining armour" had appeared and showed her the right way. They had spent the best part of those five months together, with Gabriel showing Martha all the best places in the country. Climbing mountains, exploring the jungle, swimming on the beach as well as teaching her how to surf. Ingrid hadn't yet seen a picture of the Costa Rican hunk with a sexy Spanish accent, muscles for days and dark brown curls perfect for running your hands through whilst making love. Yes, Ingrid had heard it all and was lucky that she hadn't yet left her apartment when Martha had struck up that particular conversation.