Chapter 14 - ...to End up with You

"You have to tell me more now!"

"No I refuse to, you already know far more than you ought to!"

"Oh come one Ingrid, please...please.", Seb gazed up at her with those puppy eyes of his. The ones it was impossible to say no to, and as he fluttered his long eyelashes and the waves in the ocean of his eyes met hers, she simply couldn't turn him down. It was impossible to say no to him. That man could get anyone to do whatever he wanted them to with just one look of his and a snap of his fingers.

Ingrid and Seb had been sitting at the restaurant for over two hours now, the food long gone, but neither of them wanted the evening to come to an end. It was too perfect, too enjoyable for it all to end so soon. Why was there only 24 hours in a day? For all the two of them knew, this date could go on for all eternity and neither of them would bat an eye at it.

They had been chatting about anything and everything from heaven to earth. Spending time with each other just felt so natural, like they had done nothing else for their entire lives, and the obvious attraction between the two of them made it even more clear that they shared that special connection between them that made talking and just existing together so much easier.

Ingrid could not record a single evening in her life that she had spent so much time laughing before. Seb was one of the funniest people she had ever met, and it was all done so effortlessly. The jokes just flew out of his mouth so naturally, and when he giggled or laughed at himself you couldn't help but join in. His cuteness was irresistible and so was all of his obvious yet charming attempts at flirting.

After following the sport for basically all her life, Ingrid knew a far bit more about Seb than he knew about her from the get go, and so she had witnessed multiple interviews on television before of the German driver flirting shamelessly with everyone around him. No one was safe, not the other drivers, the reporters or the fans. It was like he simply couldn't help himself. The way he would meet and hold peoples gazes with such ease, never being the one to look away first, simply remaining gazing back at you with those captivating blue eyes of his. He had a way of always looking at people as though they had hung the moon and stars for him, like he was captivated by you and hanging off each and every word coming out of your mouth.

He had looked at her like that all evening long, and he wasn't the only one that was captivated. Ingrid was utterly fascinated by him, enchanted by his demeanour, and she bashed in the attention he had given her all evening long.

They had covered all the usual subjects to talk about on a first date and so much more. Chatting about everything from their respective childhoods, school, work, common interests and so on. Ingrid had explained how she fell in love with Formula 1 through her father, he had explained his way up to the pinnacle of motorsport and how Red Bull had picked him up as a teenager, how he had come to know his own childhood idol Michael Schumacher (he had promised to get Ingrid's father Herman an autograph.). Ingrid had explained how she fell in love with becoming a trauma nurse, but also how she had fallen out of love with working in her old hospital back in London and that she had therefore sought to Formula 1 for a way out of her boring everyday life in the capital.

Time had passed so effortlessly that neither of them had noticed every other customer in the restaurant leaving or how the owners had started shutting the place down for the evening. Instead the two of them were gazing into each other's eyes and giggling at all the silly stories they were in the midst of telling one another.

Seb had just told her one of the most embarrassing moments from his first race weekend back in 2007 when he had been subbed in for the injured Robert Kubica at the US Grand Prix. He had eagerily told her about all the excitement before the race and how nervous he had been, and had then proceeded to tell a story about how his BMW Sauber mechanics had taken him to a sex club in Montreal. He had only been 19 at the time and wasn't even legally allowed to drink in the US the weekend after and so the mechanics had thought bringing him to a sex club had been a great idea. Seb however had had enough of the experience almost straight away when two girls had got 'busy' with each other right before his eyes, and he had promptly left the club as fast as he could manage after that.