Chapter 5 - The King of the Castle

All the noise in the background had turned into nothingness. Every single sound of clattering glasses and chattering people was now blocked out of her mind and the only thing she could see in her vision was him.

Ingrid felt as though she was part of some type of practical joke. Any moment now someone would jump out with a big camera and tell her that this entire weekend had been a big, fat joke.

Or perhaps she was fast asleep and just making everything up in her head as she'd done so many times in the past. Because how could any of this be real?

From this entire trip to Geneva, a place picked straight out of a fairytale, to standing here now in front of the man that had haunted her dreams for years.

Sebastian Vettel was standing in front of her, and he looked even more magnificent in real life.

He was wearing a black suit that looked tailor-made for his body, and it was a very flattering sight. His hair was in an unruly state with those golden curls falling all over his head and face. With a mischievous glint in those ocean-blue eyes of his and a smirk tugging at his lips Ingrid felt as though she was under his spell. She was at his mercy, and he probably didn't even know it

"Hello Dr. Hartstein, great to see you again on such a fine evening. Would you excuse me if I borrow this lovely lady of yours for one second?", Sebastian spoke in a husky voice whilst eyeing her up with such intensity that Ingrid didn't know where to look or what to do with her hands.

Her mind was in such a dazed state that it took a good couple of seconds before she realised what Sebastian had actually just done. He was asking to speak with her, to be introduced to her without Dr. Hartstein present.

With a swift motion she pinched the skin on her left arm in one last attempt to wake herself up, but no it wasn't a dream.

"Good evening Sebastian, why of course, feel free to do so. She's all yours.", Gary answered and turned away from the two now motionless people next to him in order to start up a new conversation with someone else next to the three of them. Either he hadn't felt the intense air between Seb and Ingrid, or that was exactly what he had done and why he'd decided to leave them to decide their faith on their own.

Before Ingrid could comprehend what was happening Sebastian took a step forward and grabbed hold of the hand she was keeping to her side.

In a moment that seemed to go on for all eternity Ingrid felt sparks slowly but steadily making their way all over her body. It started where their hands connected and spread up her arm in such a way that her breathing stopped and goosebumps appeared on her skin.

It was such an intense feeling that her eyes instantly snapped up to meet those of the man in front of her at the very second he did the same, Seb had felt it too.

The way he flexed his fingers before closing them around hers made her weak in her knees, the power this man held over her was absolutely ridiculous, but the feeling of his warm palm against hers was too much for her fragile mind to take. Ingrid was under his spell and completely enchanted by his every move.

"Excuse me for being so rude to drag you out of your conversation with Dr. Hartstein, but I saw you from across the room a moment ago and I just had to speak to you. I'm Sebastian."

With his hand still holding onto hers, Ingrid was barely able to get her answer out. For one fleeting moment she thought about just walking away from him. The air between them was way too intense, she had told herself beforehand that she wouldn't get involved with racing drivers, but at this very moment she was breaking all of those rules she had set out in order to protect herself as well as her integrity.