Chapter 13 - All's Well that Ends Well...

She was only going to give herself a quick glance over in the mirror before heading out, but as she met her own mirrored image Ingrid froze. Her feet stuck to the wooden floor, the pressure on the sanded wooden boards heavy from the sole of the tall heels she was currently wearing. The pressure on the floor felt as heavy as the pressure on her shoulders. She had never claimed to have nerves of steel or anything remotely close to that, but today her nerves had shot through the roof and that was noticeable as she studied her own image in the big mirror before her.

Apart from the black pumps on her feet that were currently pressuring the floor, her body was wrapped in a dark burgundy dress that brought out the green in her eyes perfectly. It was one of those colour matches that just worked perfectly, the green and the burgundy. The body of the dress was made of satin and flowed respectfully just below her knees. The material looked as though it twirled around her when she shifted her hips and it was wrapped and tied at the side of her waist with a little bow, the neckline of the dress fell into a deep V that showed off just enough cleavage to be sure to catch the eyes of the man she was just about to embark on a date with, whilst still not showing off too much that would make her look like she was wearing the dress with the intention of drawing eyes towards her boobs. The sleeves of the dress fell just over her shoulders and around her neck she had a silver necklace with a couple of Swarovski crystals on it, matching her big sparkling earrings that was very much visible since she had done her blonde hair up in a fancy up-do, making a real effort to look good for the night. She had spent hours in her hotel room thinking everything over, from outfit to make-up.

And the make-up had taken up most of those hours of preparation, perhaps she wore a bit more make-up than usual, but hey at least she looked good. It had taken her ages to get her eyeliner approved by her own self, and she had made sure to curl her eyelashes as long and visible as possible before perfecting them with mascara. In a panicked mode she had looked up a tutorial on YouTube on how to make a subtle burgundy eyeshadow look before putting on a matching lipstick that made her lips look even more prominent than before, now they looked almost as plump and dreamy as those of the man that was supposed to take her out for a date in a couple of minutes time.

The room she was standing in felt way hotter than usual, and she caught herself trying her best to not break out into a sweat. The small hotel room the FIA had assigned her with this weekend felt more claustrophobic than it had at any other stage during this weekend. With a final perfecting of her boobs in her bra she dried her hands on and smoothened down her dress before hastily grabbing her coat and a handbag and then proceeding to make her way out of the hotel room, 5 minutes before he was set out to pick her up from the hotel lobby.

The door fell shut behind her with a loud sound, and with determined steps Ingrid started making her way over to the elevator that would take her, either to her doom or towards her dawn, depending on what her mood was when she thought about it all she wasn't sure which one was the right one, or perhaps both of the options were in fact correct. Ingrid wasn't sure about this date at all, but she never was sure about things anyways. She had decided last night to just give it a chance. Why not, you only live once?

After putting off giving him a proper answer for half a week it was now Tuesday evening in Geneva. She would be flying out to Barcelona for the second week of testing tomorrow and so would he, meaning it was now or never. After having a couple of glasses of red wine last evening, alone in the solitude of her hotel room her wild thoughts had not for the first time, led her to the world of daydreaming and in a moment of recklessness she had decided to text him her final answer.

'I'm free tomorrow evening, make of that what you want...'

To what he had responded...

'I'll pick you up at 7 p.m then for the night of your dreams. Just text me your address and I'll be there. On time (something not everyone seems to be able to manage).'