Chapter 16 - Sullen Surprises

Seb: "Hey there, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed spending time with you this evening. Because I loved all of it, I really did, and I hope you did too. We never got to decide the time for our next date though, did we?"

Seb: "So what do you think about Saturday night? I could finally take you out for a proper date around Barcelona, show you what the real city looks like, and we could do what I had planned for us last week..."

Read by Ingrid at 2.32 a.m

...

Seb: "Morning Ingrid, I hope you slept well, I know I did at least after last evening. I was just wondering which flight you are taking out to Barcelona today?"

Seb: "If you're not too busy once you arrive, perhaps I could give you a tour of my prestigious motorhome? It's not nearly as bad as one might think it would be, but feel free to make up your own opinion about it!"

Seb: "Only if you want to of course!"

Read by Ingrid at 9.07 a.m

...

Seb: "I just landed at the airport, when is your flight coming in from Geneva? Perhaps we could meet up later today? I'm going out for dinner with some friends from Red Bull in the evening. Would you like to join us? I'm sure they wouldn't turn down dining with a beautiful girl like yourself..."

Read by Ingrid at 2.21 p.m

...

Seb: "Are you alright Ingrid? Have I done something wrong? You know I'm here if you want to talk to someone, right?"

Read by Ingrid at 5.34 p.m

...

Seb: "I can see that you've opened all my messages, Ingrid. Please tell me what's going on, you're making me worried..."

Read by Ingrid at 8.01 p.m

....

Seb: "Well if you didn't want to go for another date or speak with me anymore you could've just told me so in the first place."

Read by Ingrid at 8.44 p.m

...

Seb: "I guess I'll see you at work tomorrow."

Read by Ingrid at 9.18 p.m

~

Ingrid was back in the place she had fled from not too long ago. The place that had driven her mind crazy and had pushed her further than she had ever been pushed before. She was back in the confinements of a hospital, and not just any hospital, no, the hospital that she used to work at.

However, contrary to the reasons why she had been there in the past, this time she was not here for work. She was not here to slave around in her scrubs for another shift of long, long hours of sweaty work. She was not here to watch patients bleed out in front of her just as she had started asserting the situation. She was not supposed to be here anymore, in these dark, winding corridors, and yet here she found herself once again.