Chapter 4 - The Belle of the Ball

Tick, tock...tick, tock...tick, tock...

The ticking sound of the clock was the only sound that could be heard echoing through Ingrid's dimly lit hotel room apart from her own pacing steps back and forth. Just two more minutes, then she would walk out of the very door she was currently staring at and leave for the FIA's start-of-the-year gala.

She had managed to keep her cool throughout the entire day, up until now that was. She was so close to the finish line and just moments before she would have to put on the performance of a lifetime her nerves had finally caught up with her. This was the night when she had to convince the FIA that she was the person they wanted alongside them, working as a medical delegate in Formula 1 this season.

All afternoon long she had been researching things about Gary Hartstein, the FIA's medical delegate and the person she needed to impress the most this evening. There wasn't much to be found about him, or at least not a lot of useful things in her opinion. She only knew the basics; he's a specialist in Anaesthesia, has worked in motorsports medicine for over two decades, worked alongside Sid Watkins before taking over as medical delegate in Formula 1, and so on. However she knew little about his true persona, apart from the fact that he seemed to enjoy having a cigar. She would have to play her cards wisely this evening and one of the most important aspects was of course the first appearance.

Ingrid had spent over three hours perfecting her hair and makeup. Her long, blonde locks had been curled to perfection and then tied up into a neat hairdo with two wavy strands framing her touched-up face. She was sporting a dark-red lipstick that she hoped would make her face stand out in the crowd, and with long and perfected lashes as well as some sparkling silver eyeshadow, she was hoping that her face wouldn't be one to forget this evening.

It was not often she felt comfortable with herself, there was always something to complain about wasn't it? Her tits were a bit uneven, she had some stretch marks on her hips, her ass could've been rounder, her stomach flatter...but today Ingrid felt like a sight to behold. Standing there in the very expensive dress she had picked out yesterday she felt invincible. The dress with a corset-like bodice with a heart shaped neckline fitted her perfectly and showed off her curves in all the right places. It was a beautiful piece of clothing covered up in sparkling, glittery flowers. The skirt that draped around her hips was made out of grey silk and had a slit which allowed for her to show off some leg. It was an understatement to just call it a flattering dress, it was a masterpiece. Snug and sexy without overdoing it, that was what she was aiming for this evening. Paired up with a gorgeous pair of glass heels similar to those worn by Cinderella in the movies she felt like a true princess ready to conquer the world, or at least the higher-ups of the FIA. Today, she had to be picture perfect.

And that meant no playing around with Formula 1 drivers.

Ingrid was still deep in the process of trying to wrap her head around her interaction with Jenson Button in the hotel elevator yesterday. The air between them had been sparking with electricity and the heavy sexual tension had made it almost impossible to resist, and my god was Jenson a fine piece of a man. However any of whatever that had been, could be no more. If, and it was still a big if, she was to be offered the position as medical delegate in Formula 1 for 2012, she couldn't well be running around flirting with drivers in hotel elevators. That was simply not the way to go about it. She had to make rules for herself and stick to them in order to have some dignity.

Tonight she wouldn't be interacting with any Formula 1 drivers more than necessary. She had to keep her focus on what was important. Impressing the right people and earning herself a spot as a medical delegate for the FIA.

This evening she was on a mission, and she couldn't let herself be distracted.

~

He could hear the photographers snapping away with their cameras just outside the tinted windows of the limo he had just arrived in. He wasn't really one for fancy stuff like this. Wearing a suit and tie, pulling up in a limo, walking a carpet and having his photos taken. He didn't enjoy being a celebrity in the way some of his fellow co-drivers did. Well of course the life he led had its perks, but the downsides were far too many in his opinion.