𝐎𝐍𝐄

23rd January 2021, 7:49pm
(Boston, Massachusetts)

*bip* *bip* *bip* *bip* *bip* *bip*
"25 dollars and 68 cents"

The woman hands me the money while she is putting her groceries in her bag.

"Keep the change" she says

I thank her with a smile then she leaves the shop. I'm a cashier at Walmart. It's gonna make 3 weeks that i work here. I'm tapping on my phone when i hear a noise of falling objects. Oh shit...i get out of my register area and run to the cereal aisle. That what i thought, my pyramid of cereal boxes is now on the floor. I sigh...it's like the 7th time of the day.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry" says a voice on my right side

I turn around and see a guy pretty much my age wearing sweatpants, a lyrical lemonade sweater and a beanie. I hate people of my age, especially at work, they are always screaming, running or stealing in the shop. It pisses me off.

"It's ok, i'm gonna rebuild it again, for change..." i say bending over to gather the cereal boxes

"Let me help you..." he says starting gathering the boxes with me

We rebuild the pyramid together and after a couple of minutes, we are done.

"Thanks for helping me..." i say with a smile

"Yeah and sorry again..."

"It's ok, just watch your step next time !" i turn around and leave

While i'm leaving, i hear something unintentionally...

"Who was that ?" whispers a voice
"The cashier, she is super cute"

I chuckle and go back to my register area. I keep tapping my phone scrolling TikTok when i hear a knocking. I lift my head up and see the guy from earlier with two others guy that look just like him. I apologize for being on my phone and i start passing their article through the machine.

"So you guys are triplets ?" i ask to break the silence

"Yes, we are" answers the guy in the middle

"That's cool...That'll cost you 14 dollars and 5 cents"

The third guy give me the money after they kinda fight to know who's going to pay. I take the change and a coupon out of my cash register.

"That is for your help..." i say handing the coupon to the beanie guy

"Oh...thanks" he stammers

After they leave the shop, i go changing in the changing room and i leave the shop after my coworker replaced me. It's fucking raining outside but like really hard. I rush to my car which is parked in the parking. I open my car's door and sit in it. I start the engine but nothing happens...I try again and again but literally no sound of starting engine. I punch the wheel. I take my phone out of my pocket and try to call someone but my phone is dead...because my deadass was playing subway surfers all day. I hate myself right now...

I take a look at the parking, there is another car there, a mini van. I get out of my car and run to the mini van under the rain. I'm literally wearing a crop top and jeans so I'm freezing. I knock on the van's window...i can see agitation inside, the two persons on the driver and passenger seat are arguing i think...i knock a second time because i'm starting shaking and the window finally goes down. I recognize the guys in the van...it's the triplets.

"Matt !" screams the beanie guy

"Shut the fuck up !" answers the Matt guy

"Uhm...Hi. Can I borrow you guys a phone...mine is dead and my car broke down." i ask

"Yeah...yeah sure" says Matt

"Guys do something !" yells the guy in the back before he opens his door "Come inside, honey"

"Oh god...thanks you so much !" i thank taking shelter in the van

I sit next to the guys in the back, he gives me his phone. I call a random depanneur and explain the situation.

"I'm sorry but it's past eight now so we can only pick up your car tomorrow morning. Can you give me the location of the car"

"Ugh...yes. My car is located at the Walmart in the west side of Boston next to a gas station. I don't know the exact address but you'll find it. My car is a Grey Toyota and it has a sticker on the left door"

"Ok thanks you, your car will be picked up by tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. Have a great night !"

"Thanks" i say before i hang up

I sigh and notice that the three boy are turned towards me waiting for the update

"My car can only get picked up by tomorrow..." i say trying to hide my disappointment

"It's ok...we will take you home, if you're ok with that." says Matt

"I'm ok with that. Thanks you so much guys, you guys are literally saving my life. I own you a great dozen of coupons now"

"It's ok, girl, you don't own us anything" says the guy in the back with a giggle

Matt turn on the engine and we get on road. I'm in the car but i'm still cold and shaking cause my clothes are wet. All of the sudden, the beanie guy take off his sweater (he has a shirt under it) and hand it to me.

"Take it, you look cold" he says gently smiling at me

TO BE CONTINUED...