Chapter 13

(Route 14)
Janine was walking through route 14 while talking to herself.

Janine:"It's just not fair why won't he let me have my own pokemon!"

Janine complains.

Janine:"I'm 16 I should be able to have my own pokemon! Heck even 12 year olds have their own pokemon why won't he let me?! Am I just not good enough?"

Janine says now saddened.

Janine:"I just don't get it. Every since he became a gym leader he has changed ever since. He doesn't spend as much time as me or teach me how to catch my own pokemon"

Janine continues talking to her self.

Michael:"Flareon bite"

Janine turns to the source of the sound and she walks closer to it. She peeks and she sees the trainer that beat her dad. He was battling a Venonat and he threw a PokeBall which caught it.

Michael:"Nice job Flareon"

Flareon smiles and he jumps on his shoulder turning back into an Eevee.

Michael:"Maybe I should give you a nickname"

Janine:"What the?!"

Michael quickly turns and he sees Janine looking at him. The two lock eyes before Janine runs away.

Michael:"Wait that part is dangerous!"

Janine continues running and Michael sighs before running after her. Janine runs deeper into the forest with Michael still on her tail.

Janine:"Stop following me!"

Michael:"Then stop running! That place is filled with dangerous pokemon!"

Just as he says that an Arbok appears infront of Janine. Michael throws he's PokeBall and Nidoking lands infront of the Arbok.

Michael:"Nidoking earth power"

Nidoking punches the ground and it sends a shock wave that hit the Arbok. The Arbok retreated into the forest. Janine was on the ground staring up at Nidoking. Michael walks infront of her.

Michael:"Thanks for the help Nidoking"

He says returning his Nidoking. He then turns his attention to Janine who was still on the ground. He then extends his arm. Janine accepts it and he helps her up.

Michael:"You know what you did was very reckless right?"

Janine:"I...... Know"

Michael:"Then why did you do it?"

Janine:"You wouldn't understand"

Janine says looking away from him.

Michael:"Well maybe I might"

Janine stays silent for a few seconds before she starts speaking.

Janine:"I just don't understand. Why won't my father help me catch even a single pokemon"

Michael:"You want to catch a pokemon?"

Janine:"I always wanted to ever since I was a kid. My dad had promised when I turned 16 then he would help me. Now two months after my birthday he always says that he's busy with his gym. He would always say another day but we both know that will never happen"

Michael:"Well I didn't get mine until I turned 17"

Janine:"Your seventeen?"

Michael nods.

Michael:"Yeah I am. My parents had always worried about my safety. The first time I wanted to start my journey was when I turned 10 but they told me it would be too dangerous for a child to start their own journey so I had to wait seven more years until I could become a trainer"