Chapter 7: Hide and Seek

I slowly got off the bed and rose to my feet, when Lavi pulled me towards him and gave me a hug.

"I was really worried. Whatever it was that you were mumbling about couldn't have been anything pleasant. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Lavi has always shown his feelings for others despite the fact that Bookman says it will cause him to become biased. I pulled myself off of Lavi and pushed aside my feelings from the memory to hear the news I have been so anxiously waiting for.

"Lavi, what was it that you wanted to tell me?" I was very sure that his answer was not a good one, but I wanted to know so I can take precautionary measures.

" The Order is interrogating everyone in the building to find the one who told you all that information on the Noah. Knowing you though, the person who told you that is not within the building huh?" No wonder he is a bookman; he is either able to see right through me or he knows the answer already. I shook my head and his response was a look that shouted 'figures'.

"The person who taught me what I know about the Noah can only be found through two people." Lavi spaced out for a little bit and when he came back from his mind, he gave a knowing look. It was then, when I heard a few voices approaching our location, I jumped in fear. Those voices sound quite familiar, but also a little different. Let these people come to you, we are so close to them that they can be considered family, an unfamiliar voice echoed that sentence over and over in my head. The Bookman boy walked over to me, gently got a hold of my wrist, and took me to the back roads behind the inn.

"Those voices that you heard are none other than the Noah. I think I know a way that we can go to get away from them, just stay beside me." He said this in a soft whisper just in case the Noah are any closer. As I followed Lavi away from the inn, that voice in my head kept on getting louder. Come on, you know these people and you're running away from them! I finally realized that this voice was me before I came to the Black Order. I used to love hanging out with the Noah and sometimes even teasing them. A couple years ago, I was visiting them everyday, but suddenly Father just stopped letting me go, which is when I resumed my exorcist training with him. After running for what seemed like hours, I had Lavi stop so I could catch my breath.

"They went this way, hurry up or we will loose them." We both turned our heads to see Tyki and Road approaching us. Lavi wrapped his arm around my waist, took out his innocence, and activated it. As his 'little hammer big hammer' took us through the air, I heard the female Noah start laughing. Lavi is going to get injured if I keep letting him do this for me. I decided that it would not be wise to tell Lavi that he doesn't have to help me anymore and that I can take it over from here while we were in mid air. When we reached a place that he deemed safe for the moment, which happened to be ridiculously far away from the Order, he put me on the ground and looked behind him.

"Lavi", when he looked at me, I continued, "please let me deal with the Noah from here, I don't want you getting hurt." Lavi stared at me for a bit with a look of complete confusion and then walked closer to me.

"Are you crazy! You can't take on two Noah all by yourself Iriki! They will kill you or do something even worse! I cannot let you do this alone after getting you this far." Lavi gave off a demanding tone of voice that astonished me due to his role as an observer of this endless and worthless war.

"First of all, you should expect nothing less than crazy from General Cross's daughter! If I recall my past correctly then I believe that I can take on two Noah; they have already done bad things to me anyway so what is there to lose."

AN: This chapter took a while mainly due to contemplating on what the Noah should do and how Lavi and Iriki react. I have realised that I have started to post my chapters later and later as this story continues and deeply apologize for it. With that being said, this week will be my last week of school, so I will be able to start posting more of the story faster after school is over. Yay!