Chapter 10: (Lavis POV) Mai

Doesn't this voice belong to one of the Noah? I heard the footsteps from the Noah come even closer while at the same time, Iriki began moving in her unconscious state.

"Dezaiasu...... " That word came out of her as a soft whimper. Dezaiasu?

"Iriki.... " What's happening inside that head of yours? Suddenly, the Noahs footsteps stopped and I began to feel the uneasiness in the air grow.

"Let me properly introduce myself. I am Sheril Kamelot and it is a pleasure to officially meet you, Lavi Bookman." He sounded as if he is an ally, but I am already fully aware that he is the exact opposite, the enemy known as the Noah. So, this is the name of the Noah that controlled the people of the Black Order the day of the incident between Yu and Alma Karma.

"I will not hand Iriki over to you." My body turned itself around so that, now, I saw the Noah that goes by the name of Sheril Kamelot. Sheril had a shocked look on his face that was quickly changed into a smirk.

"It doesn't really matter, I can just make you give her to me. Lord Millennium is getting very impatient." With that being said, he moved his fingers and my body walked over to him and held Iriki out to him. Dammit, I can't take back my control over my own body! Maybe if I had let Iriki do what she wanted to do, we wouldn't be in this situation.

"Thank you, Bookman Jr., for being so kind." Sheril took Iriki out of my hands and walked to a newly opened door that revealed Road.

"Road would you watch over her and inform Mai of the whereabouts of the Bookman Jr." The Noah's door closed behind them and then I had complete control over my body once again. I caught a glimpse of something bright and when I looked at it, it was my scarf. Cautiously, I walked over and picked up the now bloody scarf. I looked at the scarf and thought to myself. Who is this Mai person? I guess I should go get this washed before I head back to the Order.

I ran back into town and began searching for somewhere to wash my scarf. After a good amount of time searching for one, I found one, so I rushed in there and threw my scarf in the washing machine. A few moments later, I heard the door open.

"Lavi, what are you doing here and where is Iriki?" This was the Old Pandas voice. What nice timing. That thought went through my mind sarcastically. My head immediately lowered as I began to think about how to tell Bookman what happened.

"Iriki was taken by the Noah and I'm here to wash my scarf. Can you please tell me more about her? Also, who is Mai?" I really need to know this information. Bookman has been keeping it from me for some unknown reason. Bookman's eyes widened as he walked closer to me.

"We need to get away from this place, follow me Lavi." Bookman seemed to be worried about something I said. Why does he keep making up excuses to why he can't tell me about Iriki? Every time I bring up her name he just says that I will find out soon and to be patient.

"I need to know!" I can't wait any longer.

"All that I'm going to tell you about Iriki is that she is half human and the rest you will find out soon enough, so be patient. Mai is a Noah that has been looking for you and she also hates the Bookman Clan with a passion. Now come with me, it is no longer safe for you to stay in this town." Bookman sighed before he said all of that to me. He is still hiding some stuff about those two people from me, but I'll leave it alone for now. I quickly grabbed my scarf out of the washer and followed Bookman to the train station. When we got on the train, I follow the Old Panda to one of the empty cars and sat down next to him.

"If we end up running into Mai, then you need to run away while I deal with her and no matter what, don't let her touch you. Got it?" Not once did he make eye contact with me as he said that in a serious way.

"Yup. Hey you Old Panda, cheer up. It's not that bad, is it?" I tried to cheer him up, but it didn't work. Bookman looked over at me and then went back to what he was previously looking at. The rest of the train ride went on with complete silence. After the train stopped, we got off and to my surprise, there was a beautiful woman sitting of the bench at the train stop. She has gorgeous strawberry blonde hair that reaches her mid back, emerald green eyes that look a lot like mine, fair skin, and is wearing a black dress that greatly compliments her figure. Strike! Knowing that Bookman will not likely tolerate me running up to her, I continued following him. I watched the lady follow behind us and she was quickly catching up. I am not sure I know if this is Mai, so it would be best to just not let her touch me to begin with.

"It's been so long, I've been searching for you everywhere, my runaway rabbit." That soothing and somewhat familiar voice came from directly behind me which caused me to freeze and Bookman turned around at the sound of her voice. Those last three words of hers echoed through my mind: my runaway rabbit. Runaway?

"Mai, leave Lavi alone. The day you abandoned him was the day you lost him." Bookman quickly pulled out his innocence and got ready to activate it. Mai? So, this is her so called light form.

"I just want to tell him something that you, Bookman, have neglected to tell him about our new exorcist. I believe her name is Iriki Cross.", she said with venom laced in those words, leaned closer to my ear, and began speaking again, but in a softer tone, "Bookman is the main caused the death of that childs mother. Doesn't that make you angry at him for handing death over to Irikis, the one you seem to currently care about's, mom." I was shocked at her choice of words.

"Lavi, move." I dropped to the floor and sprinted out of the way of Bookman, knowing that he is going to attack her with innocence. As I was running away from the scene, I could hear Bookman activating his innocence.

A/N: Finished with Lavis side of the story. I'm sorry if the whole Lavi POV thing sucked, I thought it would be nice to show his side of the argument between him and Iriki. The next one will be in the main POV, Irikis.