Chapter 9: Lavis POV

A/N: This chapter will be in Lavis POV. Also, the next chapter will be in Lavis POV.Hope you all enjoy.

As we were soaring through the sky on my little hammer big hammer, I could tell that something was scratching at her thoughts based on the look she had on her face. Could it have to do with the Noah or the Order? Or maybe both? I found a place that is a very good distance from both the Order and the Noah and then went to the ground.

"Lavi", when I looked up at her, she continued, "please let me deal with the Noah from here, I don't want you getting hurt." I looked at her with complete and utter confusion. You can't just take on two Noah all by yourself? And anyways, it'll hurt me even more if I leave and then find out that you have gotten yourself hurt when I could have been there to stop it in the first place. After looking in her direction for a bit, I approached Iriki.

"Are you crazy! You can't take on two Noah all by yourself Iriki! They will kill you or do something even worse! I cannot let you do this alone after getting you this far." I gave off a demanding tone of voice that astonished Iriki, probably due to my role as an observer of the war. Bookman is going to be furious when he finds out.

"First of all, you should expect nothing less than crazy from General Cross's daughter! If I recall my past correctly then I believe that I can take on two Noah; they have already done bad things to me anyway so what is there to lose." Iriki seamed quite irritated with me, yet she hasn't told me enough about her and her past for me to completely understand her reasoning behind these actions.

Why won't she listen to me? I don't think that any words can change her mind right now. I don't get it, what has happened between her and the Noah? She kind of seems like she wants them to find us while at the same time she doesn't. The only thing I can think of to keep her safe is to get her to become unconscious, without giving her any serious injuries. I really don't want to do this, Iriki. I looked behind me to see if anyone is nearby and then looked back at Iriki with a face full of sadness.

"Iriki, I am sorry." I walked over to her, placed one hand below her chest with the other wrapped around her neck, into a loving embrace. I apologize for what I'm about to do to you. I then moved my hand that was below Irikis' chest and stabbed her with my knife. Iriki, this was the only way I could think of to keep you safe from the Noah.

Please....

Forgive....

Me....

For....

What....

I....

Have....

Done....

To....

You.

I truly care for you and it would destroy me to find that you have been killed by the Noah. I had to watch her become dizzy from the blood loss. As this was happening I quickly developed an intense urge to pull out the blade and bandage up the fresh wound, but I kept telling myself that I need to do this to keep her safe. If anyone were watching this, they would think that I'm insane. Damn it, I can't stand watching her bleed out like this.

I completely broke down it front of Iriki. There was no way I could hold it in any longer, luckily my head was resting on her shoulder. I burst out into silent tears and began to shake due to the tears being shed. As her eyelids started to slowly close, I pulled the knife out of her and tossed it on the ground close to me.

Irikis' body suddenly fell towards me and into my arms. I looked down upon her with a look of sorrow as she lost her consciousness. After watching this terrible scene, I took my scarf off and wrapped it around the wound that I had caused. I began running again, but now, with Iriki in my arms. To keep any attention from us, I kept myself deeply hidden within the concealment of the woods.

My body suddenly halted to a sharp and complete stop. What's happening? I tried looking around, but my body just wouldn't move. All I could do was look around with my head as it is, which is exactly what I ended up doing. What is this uneasy feeling in the air? I looked down to notice that Iriki has started shifting in my arms. She is probably having a nightmare. Hmm, maybe Bookman knows about her. The sound of someone walking closer to my location caused me to become alert, for the fear of it being a Noah or an exorcist.

"Would you be so nice as to hand that beautiful young girl over. You see, she is hard to track down, just like her father." This voice had a rather sweet tone when Iriki was mentioned, but it changed to a sharper tone at the end. I was clear to me that this voice definitely belongs to a guy. I know that I have heard this voice before. Wait......... doesn't this voice belong to one of the Noah?