Chapter 29.

A few weeks later...
I'm exhausted. I just worked three jobs today from back to back. Normally I don't work this much, but after paying Chris to sign her rights over, I need the money. And I'm looking for a new place that's bigger and in a safer area, Arabella's art classes, and I just paid for Arabella's volleyball uniform because she really took a liking to it since that day on the beach.

I stagger a little, dragging my feet as I approach my apartment door. I pull out my keys, unlock the door, and open it. Then I drop my set of keys at the sight in front of me.

Arabella and Alex are on the couch, and Alex is on Arabella.

They were kissing and had pulled away from each other when they heard me but they were not fast enough.

I'm standing over them, grabbing Alex by his shirt-the shirt he was trying to remove-and yanking him away before either of them even see me. "Dad!" Arabella exclaims. But I ignore her and throw Alex out of the apartment. "Dad!"

I slam the door shut and lock it.

"Papa, por favor-"

"No!" I bark, turning to her. "Go to the room and stay there until I come to get you-now!"

"But, I-"

"Now!"

"Agh!" She yells in frustration, stomping down the hall and to the room.

When I hear her slam the door behind her, I open the front door. Alex is sitting on the floor, exactly where I threw him and left him. He's sitting with his arms resting on his elbows and his head hanging low. "I'm sorry," he whispers.

"Where's my sister?" She's supposed to be here, watching them.

"She left three hours ago."

"Why?"

He shakes his head.

"Tell me," I push.

"She said she wanted to give us time alone."

Three hours...that's too much time for two teenagers to be alone. What the fuck is wrong with my sister?

"Did you have sex?" I ask reluctantly. And he doesn't answer. I groan, running my hands down my face. "You know not answering is an answer, right?"

He nods. "I'm sorry, Mr. Turner."

I step closer then crouch down. "Look at me." He hesitantly lifts his head. "Did you drive here?"

"No."

"Call your driver, Alex. Go home."

He nods. "Yes, sir."

I stand up. "Get your things then come back out here."

"Okay."

Arabella

I can't get my heartbeat to slow down. I haven't heard anything from them and it scares me. I start to pace the room and when I get dizzy and fall on the bed on my stomach, the door opens and papa steps inside. I sit up so I'm leaning on my elbows and peer up at him hopefully. He sits on the bed in front of me, then after a long pause, he shakes his head. "Rosalee taught you how to take your birth control, right?"

"Papa," I whisper, sitting up.

"I'm serious, Arabella. With everything going on, the adoption, art classes-hell, you're even doing volleyball now and helping me at work some night, remembering to take a pill can slip your mind. Even missing it for an hour-"

"I know, papa."

"Then be smart, don't get caught in the moment, if you need to use a condom, then use one. There's still some in the bathroom."