Chapter 23: Guilt.

I know it's been sooooo long since an update- but been quite busy :,) I've been reading loads of the comments and y'all have me wheezing. It's nice to see how many people really seem to enjoy the story and plot and the unsuspected parts that happen LMAO. I hope everyone is well etc :) not going to keep you here reading this PFFT. Enjoy below!~

The room fell silent. All there was, was the sound of my own heart beating real fast and loud, and Esdeath's soft breathing.

"E-excuse me what?" I asked, staring directly at her in shock. Her face remained unchanged, as she kept her face serious and calm.

"You heard me. I want you to slaughter the pink haired girl who you seem to... have a connection with." Esdeath folded her arms.

I scratched the back of my neck.

"You're joking...right?" I questioned, nervously smiling. "I can't..." I stopped my sentence, looking at her. She had that cold look in her eyes.I knew I had already fallen in love with her but killing my best friend, Mine was going too far. But I guess for Esdeath it's never too far and all about survival. In her case, she was jealous.

"Are you... jealous?" I curiously frowned at her as she looked off to the side. A small 'hmph' came from her, as she let her arms fall down by her sides. She kept her gaze away from me, waiting for me to say something else.

"You know I can't do that. Mine is someone I care about, she is my-" I was stopped by her rushing forward at me slamming me against the table that was in the room. I felt a sharp pain in my lower back and winced.

"Don't even talk about what she is to you! I want you to do as I say, got it?!" Her hand tugged at at the front of my hair as I gritted my teeth, bearing the pain. Esdeath released her hand from my hair, realising what she had done was quite rough of her. Yet she still, kept the same look on her face. The seriousness.

"Just...do it. Or I will." Esdeath turned towards the door, flashing me a small evil smirk of hers. I felt a shiver go down my spine, knowing what she wanted of me was pure evil. As she left the room, leaving me behind, I slipped my hand down to my lower back and rubbed it gently around in circles. God, that hurt.

I sunk to the floor, my head in my hands. What do I do? I really do love Esdeath, I really do! But killing Mine shouldn't be a way to prove it! I sighed in frustration. There is no way I am killing a friend of mine in the Night Raid. I had found myself to be in a tight and sticky situation. Picking myself back up, I left the room and headed away from there.

A few hours later~

My eyes watched the sky as the sun began to slowly go down, creating pink clouds. I leant my elbows on the balcony, which was connected to her bedroom, trying to keep my head clear. I had much thought on what Esdeath had said to me earlier on that day, thinking it over and over again.

I hadn't seen her since then until now, as I heard her heels tip-tapping on the floor. She copied what I was doing and leant her elbows also on the edge of the balcony, peering in front of her. Esdeath watched the sun, staying silent. The wind softly blew our hair, her long blue strands swaying in the wind.

After a few minutes, her hand made its way to my shoulder, before speaking.

"I didn't mean to hurt you like that earlier. I just want the best for you. " Her voice was quiet.

I kept my eyes out to the view ahead of me, before standing up straight. I bit my lip, frowning. Esdeath took her hand off of my shoulder, and placed it to her chest.

"Y/N...I really have fallen in love with you. I don't want anyone else to have you. You feel the same don't you?" She asked, smiling gazing at my side profile. She clutched her hand tighter against her chest, hovering it where her heart would be.

"I've made up my mind." I calmly said.

Esdeath tilted her head, waiting for me to continue.

"I'll do it. I'll kill Mine."

She smirked, standing back upright and turning me to face her. We were now face to face. Her hand rested on my cheek as she put her forehead to mine, tucking my h/c behind my own ear.

"I love you Y/N. Don't let me down." She whispered and took a step back and left me there alone once again, stood on the balcony.