Chapter 25: Betrayal

New chapter! ALSO I WANTED TO ADD THIS IMAGE AS THE COVER BECAUSE OMG SHE LOOKS SO HOT SDNUJNDFJ- Enjoy fellow readers!

It had been a few hours since we had left. Earlier on, I had parted ways with Esdeath and the Yaegers and set off with Kurome. We had entered a forest full of green as I stuck close behind her. She was nibbling on her biscuits, suddenly crouching down and peering at the ground.

I wasn't watching where I was going and bumped into her, causing her to fall onto her knees. She snapped her head back to me and glared, giving me the dirtiest look ever. I swallowed, anxious.

"Watch where you're going nitwit!" She snarled and clung onto her small pouch.

"I'm sorry! You just suddenly stopped midway walking!" I crossed my arms.

Her hands brushed the dirt on the floor and narrowed her eyes. 

"I think someone has been through here." She stated and stood back up, walking ahead once again.

I followed, stumbling. I made my way next to her as she looked at me from the side, still glaring.

"Don't get so close." She demanded and walked faster. I sped up, matching her pace.

"What's your problem? You se-" I was cut off by her hand slapping my mouth.

"Ow!" I furrowed my eyebrows annoyed. 

"All I care about is killing my sister. I don't need for you to ask me silly questions." 

I stayed silent, keeping close behind her but making sure I didn't trip her up or anything.

We snuck up onto these trees, on the edge of the forest, watching the plain field in front of us. I could see some rubble in the distance. An hour passed, still nothing. Kurome stayed quiet munching away at her snacks, staring off into the distance.

"So...it's pretty silent huh?" I tried starting a conversation.

"Shut up, I see something." She perked up and slid her bag of goods onto her belt.

I examined ahead of us. She was right. A small figure stood upon the rubble. I couldn't tell who it was at all. I leaned forward and Kurome put her arm out preventing me from moving any closer.

"Stay." She commanded.

Suddenly we heard an explosion and a ring of fire surrounded the rubble. Bols. There was a commotion up ahead. It seemed to be a fight going on. Kurome unsheathed her sword, summoning her 'minions' from the dead. I felt my heart race, a little freaked out. Her power was a strong one, yet creepy. 

She sent them all in and I watched them all sprint forward towards the target.

"Shouldn't we go too?" I asked.

Kurome sighed and held her sword up to my neck.

"No. I was told to keep you back until it's time.So we will stay here and wait." I backed away from her sword. Sit here and wait? I didn't want to just stay and watch. But I also wanted to stay as far away as possible. Esdeath was asking for me to commit a murder against my best friend in the Night Raid. I felt myself feel nervous, my hands sweaty and a headache beginning to pound inside of my head. 

I saw a ball of ice get flung across the sky as Najenda rode her danger beast up in the sky. I felt sick. Why was I allowing this?

Suddenly a large blast came zapping it's way at us. Kurome and I dodged opposite ways, falling to the ground. Another one zapped itself through a tree, knocking it down. I couldn't see Kurome anymore. She was on the other side of the fallen tree.