Melody Joins the Search (Part: 37)

"And what do we do when we find it?" asked Kit, questionably.

"Well, after you find it, send one of your teammates to try and find others around the area. But if they don't find any, they could come here and try to find me" I said.

"Wait, you're not participating? I thought you would like to join" said Devin, confused.

"I would love to be a part of this but since we're sixteen in total, we would have too many people," I said, looking at everyone.

"I guess you're right," said Lukas.

"Everyone should start splitting off so we can find a way to defeat the Demon Lord and bring back Ritchie!" I said, almost cheering.

*Everyone agreed and they all sprinted off in different directions. Except for three people*

"Melody?" asked David.

"Huh?" I said, turning around to see David, Devin, and Kit standing there.

"You three need something?" I asked, looking at what I had on the table again, trying to avoid eye contact.

"The reason you gave me, that wasn't the actual one, was it?" asked Devin, staring at me.

I turned to face them and said, "What do you mean not the actual one?" I asked, clueless.

"You're staying here because you want to wait for Brandon, correct?" asked David.

*I looked at Kit who nodded, gave me a smile then walked away to where Esh was staying, which was Flurry's room. I looked back at the two guys that were staring at me and I nodded*

"Why?" asked Devin, having a sad expression.

I look at the orb that I was looking at before and asked, "Have you guys ever wondered if something that happened was your fault?"

"What do you mean, Milly?" asked David, confused.

"I was the reason why the Demon Lord is back... If I had paid more attention to his right eye, then maybe..." I said, looking down, almost crying.

"Mel..." said Devin, walking up to me and hugging me.

*David stood there, looking at us then looked away*

"Dev, let's go," David said, walking towards the door.

"Wah, why?" asked Devin, backing away from the hug and looking at David.

"We need to find the trace, remember?" said David, looking back at me and Devin.

"What about Kit?" I asked, confused.

"She's staying," David said.

"What?! But you need three people-" David stopped me before I continued, "Yeah, and we're three. Look, one, two, three," he said, counting then looking at us.

"But what about Esh?" I asked, nervous and worried.

"Kit can take care of them, no worries," David said.

"I can take care of who?" Kit asked, coming up the stairs.

"Esh. You can take care of them," said David, looking at Kit.

"I mean, sure. I don't see an issue" said Kit, smiling.

"See," said David, looking back at me and Devin.

"Wait, you're okay with staying behind, Kit?" I asked, confused.