Not the Right One... (Part: 39)

"So, where is it?" I asked, looking at Lukas, Blake, and Inmo.

{For context, we are in a sewer, the old Guildhall for the Wandering Coins to be exact but even though it's been abandoned, there was a bit of magic in the air. Maybe the others didn't feel it or didn't want to question it because they didn't react to it. While we walked into the sewers, going to where the magical trace was, I felt something weird. I stopped in my tracks and looked back, to see if someone was behind us but unfortunately, there wasn't anyone}

"Melody, you should come and look at this!" screamed David, which caused me to run to where they were.

{In the room where they were all in, there was a big white lacrima in the middle. There was no magic emitting from it. It was empty. But there was something coming from the bottom of the lacrima. It was white and purple. It seemed to be smoke. No one dared get close to it}

"Is this what we're supposed to be looking for?" asked David, confused yet serious.

Lukas shrugs and then looks at me. I stand there staring at the lacrima, motionless and speechless.

"Melly?" asked Devin, moving next to me.

"This is..." I said, not looking at anyone and just staring at the lacrima.

"This is what?" asked David.

"Oh, nonononono..." I said, making an anxious and scared face.

*At that moment, the lacrima turned red. Everyone looked at it, confused*

"What the-? But wasn't it white a moment ago?!" asked Lukas, backing away from it and moving behind me.

*Everyone did the same*

"Melody! Snap out of it!" screamed David, grabbing my shoulder.

"David, can you destroy the lacrima..?" I asked, turning to look at him.

*David gave me a confused look*

"But isn't this the-" he stopped when I shook my head.

"What do you mean it isn't, Mel?" asked Blake, standing next to Lukas and Plant.

*I look down then at the smoke on the floor, below the lacrima*

"The lacrima we're looking for doesn't emit deadly smoke," I said, looking at David then at everyone, who gave me a shocked look.

"Deadly smoke...?" asked Inmo, having a face of horror.

*I nodded. I moved away from David's grasp and moved toward the lacrima. I extended my hand and placed it on the lacrima. When I did that, the lacrima went white again and the smoke disappeared. Everyone was now confused*

"Mel, what did you do?" asked Devin.

*I looked at my necklace and then back at them. I sighed and walked next to them*

"Let's get going," I said, leaving the room and them following behind.