"Useful" Lacrima (Part: 40)

*Outside the sewer*

"Wait, Melly, what did you do?!" asked David, running behind me.

*I kept walking, ignoring David walking behind me*

"Mom!" screamed Plant, running after me as well.

*I stopped in my tracks and turned around. Plant stopped running and just looked at me. David stood behind them. I looked at Plant, avoiding any eye contact I could have with David*

"Mama, ok?" asked Plant, giving me a sad look.

*I nodded*

"Mel, what happened in there?" asked Lukas, walking next to David.

*I turned my head, avoiding all of them*

"Is there something you didn't tell us at the meeting?" asked Lukas again, sounding serious.

*I stayed quiet, still avoiding eye contact. After some time, I sighed then nodded*

"I'm sorry I didn't say it earlier... I didn't say anything because I wanted to take care of it on my own..." I said, looking at my feet.

"Is that why you wanted to stay behind?" asked Devin, moving forward a little.

*I nodded*

"So, it wasn't to stay behind and wait for Brandon then?" asked David.

"I was staying behind because Brandon would've helped me with getting rid of those lacrimas.. the ones that are helping the Demon Lord..." I said, still avoiding eye contact.

"So, what you're telling us is that the lacrima that you took the energy from, was helping the Demon Lord?!" asked Lukas, almost shouting.

"Technically, yes," I said, looking at them.

*David and Lukas sighed*

"We should tell the others then," said Blake, looking at me.

I shook my head and said, "Bad idea"

"What do you mean, bad idea?" asked David.

"If we tell the others, the Demon Lord will find out and use that against us, and that's not what we need," I said, eyeing them.

"That's true," said Lukas, nodding.

"Then, what do we do?" asked Blake, grabbing Plant by the hand and walking next to Lukas.

"All we can do, for the time being, is in the groups I said before. The only difference is that Kit is going to come with you guys this time" I said, looking at the floor.

"What?!" said David, confused.

"Wait, why?!" asked Devin, also confused.

"Well, not only do I have to take Plant with me and care for them, but I also need to wait for Brandon, Lo'Phoe, and Grimshade," I said, looking at David and Devin with a serious look.

"Okay. We will see you three later" said Blake, walking away with Lukas and Inmo.

*After they left, we began walking back to La Carnival. Halfway to La Carnival, David mentioned a conversation*