Previously

Yuto and Greg made their way towards New Zealand. Before they arrived, they'd taken a short break amongst a stranded forest in Australia. Upon resting on one of the many rooted trees did Yuto figure out that it was actually a property owned by farmers. Yuto stumbled upon two twins, the female twin unintentionally misgendering him as a woman. That moment was when he had truly begun to question his gender identity – whether he realised it or not. After an uncomfortable conversation and the twin wanting to get too close to Yuto, he and Greg left the forest and officially begun their journey to New Zealand.

After a long flight – and Greg falling into the ocean – they successfully made it onto new land. After they booked a room in a small motel building in Yxes Town, Yuto had collapsed into an exhausted slumber. Greg was soon to follow but felt a tug towards the bathroom. After a supposed exorcism involving a razor, Greg threw said object onto the ground, now confused and traumatised – because he definitely didn't have enough of that. Of course Yuto is aware that he isn't okay, however Greg refuses Yuto's attempts of comfort. Yuto doesn't force it out of him, though offers a hug, which Greg accepts. Greg would much rather not talk about the supposed voices that suddenly appeared in his conscience. This night was also the first of many nights where he had gotten a nightmare involving a purple flame. He absolutely hated it but paid no mind to it.

The next day arrived. Yuto and Greg had gotten into a heated argument, as they were blinded by stress and frustration. Yuto left the building before anything had the chance to bottle up and went to the Yxes Bar. Yuto was talking to one of his clients, when he almost confessed about questioning his gender identity; however, he was cut off by his other client chiming into the building. He decided to push his personal problems aside and complete his job. On his way home, he heard mumbling from Greg. Greg regretted the argument they had in the morning, Yuto reassured him with a comforting hug. Yuto tucked Greg into bed and merged into the other bedroom. He decided to get in contact with Aki, both to catch up with her and to discuss about his gender for a second opinion. Whilst awaiting for a text, he settled in the lounge room with a pie and binged movies.

Greg awoke to a similarly traumatising nightmare, he figured out the purple flame was in fact a living being. He noticed a warm presence beside him. Turns out, Yuto stayed up so late he hadn't realised he snuck into Greg's room instead of his. Greg couldn't help but smile fondly from the thought. Greg decided to go shopping that day, Yuto wanted to tag along. Once the pair got ready – and Greg casually thinking dirty thoughts about the other – they were on their way to the shopping centre. After getting the needed food and supplies, they made their way back towards the motel, only for it to begin pouring down with rain. After a small, angsty moment shared between the pair, Yuto dragged Greg into the rain to sing and dance. The pair embraced this moment together, as they unintentionally fell deeper in love with one another. After a ruined moment from a large crack of thunder, they made their way back to the motel covered in mud. Once they cleaned themselves up, they watched a movie and ate watermelon – Yuto getting the juice everywhere and freaking out about the killer watermelon seeds – they once again fell asleep in each other's arms.

They had scarily awoken at the same time, and Yuto's concern for Greg only grew more. Greg started to get used to the voices' bickering at this point and snared some remarks in return – he had yet to learn not to say them out loud, especially if Yuto was around. After a small chat of comfort, Greg realised the distress of the other. Once Greg pointed it out, Yuto merely pushed it aside and said he was fine, whilst saying he was going to take a stroll. Greg sighed and made his way towards the roof, he talked to the voice for a little while before speaking to his parents – he hoped they listened and replied to him in duration of the conversation. Meanwhile, Yuto was on the other side of the roof, once again contemplating his gender identity. He couldn't wrap his head around why he felt this way, it was getting to the point where he hated his own skin that shaped his sickly body. After that little episode, he glanced towards the clouds and spoke his vengeance for Allen. Greg had beaten him to the apartment by the time Yuto returned. Greg offered the other his bed, as he knew Yuto didn't want to be alone. Yuto accepted the offer, and the pair fell asleep in each other's arms once again.