Chapter 14

There was a voice. A voice that seemed to repeat itself. It echoed through the empty void, longing for the host's awakening. Greg could pay no mind to it as he was in the midst of a battle between life and death. Greg waved the mini gun aimlessly with his arms, as the blinding, purple flame lounged towards him to seamlessly devour his soul.

"Where's your precious angel now? She won't snatch you from my grasp again, I'll make sure of it." The flame's voice board bullets into Greg's skull.

That was when the pitched voice, that seemed too distant for importance, echoed again.

"Voice, I don't need you distracting me right now!"

"That ain't me bro."

"Then who-"

Greg was cut off by the flame, who got a good distance to swipe his palm against Greg's side, causing him to fling through the air. Greg tumbled around the mini gun clutched to his chest, as he heaved himself back onto his feet.

"Wow, you really need to learn how to fight better. Because between you and me, those scars on your hands don't seem to be fading any time soon." The flame chuckled. "I knew I had an affect on you, but I didn't realise it was this severe. It's almost... entrancing."

"Listen here you little shit," The voice began, swinging its arms hastily at the flame – its every punch phased through the flame's chest. "I'll have you know that Greg is very strong!-"

With one glimpse from the flame, a risen hand full of fireballs targeted towards Greg, the voice was quick to shut up. Before the flame had a second to snark a remark, the pitching voice broke through, as it echoed loudly through the blank arena.

"Greg!!"

The flame jumped in alarm, as he accidentally sent uncoordinated fireballs spiralling towards Greg. Greg was quick to blast the twirling, pressured water from the mini gun at the small fireballs, them evaporating instantaneously. The ground began to violently shake, Greg could feel a sinking weight within his stomach. A single white feather fluttered in Greg's line of sight.

"Fuck, not again!" The flame cursed.

That was the last thing he heard from the flame when he was met with a sudden darkness.

...

"Greg... Greg, Greg!!"

Greg's body jumped from the sudden squeal of his name. His eyes tried to focus on the black and yellow blur amongst him, when it became incredibly clear in a blink of an eye. It was Yuta. She'd grabbed his glasses and placed them upon his nose. Once he gave his eyes the chance to fully focus, he assessed his surroundings.

"Jeez, I keep forgetting how hard it is to wake you up. You're one hell of a sleeper." Yuta chuckled, as she reeled her hands away from his shoulders.

Greg quickly glanced towards Yuta and her position. She was straddling his hips, her palms now placed firm on the bed besides Greg, as she beamed her signature smile towards him. It seemed she had to wake him by violently shaking his shoulders. Yuta decided now was the time to summon her wings and stretch them, her body slightly shifting against him. She yawned as her joints ached. Greg held back a grunt, why did she have to summon her wings whilst she was on top of him? Oh god, he could feel her against his-

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

It seemed Greg spaced out a bit, since Yuta lent her face too closely to his, her entire face consumed with excitement. She slightly rocked side to side from her compressed energy, it took him every muscle in his body to not raise his hips off the bed. He decided to grab her waist and lightly chuck her beside him, as he laid on his stomach to cover his lower embarrassment.