Chapter 13

James was hunched over his desk, head in his palms as his eyebrows scrunched from the abundant of stress. It was troubling to deal with all his graduating students on Earth, but to also track down one of the most damaging things created by God the fastest ways possible so Yuta can destroy it? It was hard enough trying to find out as much as possible about the Negative Emotions. He needed the capability to train students possibly looking to become a Warrior, but even then he felt uneducated. He must had known enough since Yuta was annihilating them a lot faster than he'd expected. He smiled; she was the perfect person to become a Warrior.

He thudded his palms against the wooden desk and sent out daily jobs for each assigned group, including the Cupid department. He sighed as he cracked his neck, then clicked away at his computer. He brought up the live map of the Earth and searched once again for the Negative Emotion. He noticed Yuta's icon moved along a part of the map, which meant she got her Cupid job and was on her way to completing it. He once again couldn't help smiling, before returning to the entire map of the united states.

In order to find the Negative Emotion, James had to find a pattern in its possession-like tendencies. Does it possess more people when they're closest to its resting place? Does it even have a resting place, or does it migrate? What group does it target more? Will it stick to places where those groups mostly converse? It was an entire process, and James was looking forward to just finding the damn thing and moving on with their lives.

He heard a bell ring, which indicated school had started for the day. Since it was Friday, that meant James needed to gather the students for an assembly as his position as principle. He didn't have the time to do a speech about a summary of the week – he knew none of the students payed attention, but alas it was a part of his job. He rolled his chair back as he ruffled his wings, glancing towards his monitors again before he left his office.

...

"For fucks sake," Yuta cursed. "Why'd this job have to be so far away from the motel?"

She soared through the sky for 15 minutes straight, however it did feel relieving to have the false hope of soaring away from her problems. It was only another 5 minutes of flying did she arrive to her destination. Yuta would have liked to call it a graceful landing, however she dove too steep and landed face first in a pile of mud. She was glad her wings were out of the way from her fall, however her clothes said otherwise.

Yuta giggled manically as she sat up, sarcasm seeped through her tone. "Today's going to be a great day."

She quickly hid her wings as she brushed off as much mud as possible from her clothes – she was thankful she wasn't wearing her favourite sweater, even if it was too hot. She began her walk towards the town before she stopped in her tracks. She recognised this place... she swore it was on the tip of her tongue. As she walked deeper into the town, she noticed a recognisable cafe she stayed at a couple of days ago. Then it clicked. She was in the same town where she'd met Comet. Yuta smiled, she'll have to plan a small meetup with them after she completed her Cupid job.

"I swear to god if the couple are in the shopping centre." Yuta hushed under her breath, her spine visibly shivering. No, not again. She wasn't going to make the same mistake.

Whilst Yuta looked for the couple, Greg was filled with his own predicament in the dreaded bathroom. He glanced towards the slowly-forming scars mirrored along his hands, before locking eyes with his own reflection.

"Yuta, we've known each other for a month and a half... No, that doesn't sound right. Yuta, I've been thinking for a while... Well, more like three weeks or so. Oh god, aren't I rushing this a bit? But I love her so much, my dumbass didn't even realise how hard I'd fallen for her when I first saw her. I was too blinded by denial... and was so rude to her when we first met. God, there's no way she loves me back."