Chapter 6

Five days passed; it was already Sunday. Yuta was completing yet another Cupid job, whilst Greg was on the couch. He loathed it, the living room was the pinpoint of his boredom. He glanced out the window, it was overcast. He wished he had a phone; it was annoying navigating through Yuta's tablet. He might explore some shops since he wasn't able to before. He brushed his palms as he stood up and got a notepad and pen, writing a quick message for Yuta.

"Yuta, I'm not here. I'm exploring that shopping centre we walked past. If you need me that badly, look for me there. Love, Greg. P.S. I have the key to the room."

Greg glanced at his handiwork, then grabbed the key and exited the motel room. The door locked behind him, as he turned to face it. He stuffed the bottom of the note into the number-engraved metal sign. He watched it droop a bit, but it stayed intact. Greg smiled, before heading off.

He approached the large sliding doors, as he pushed through the bustling crowd. Maybe going to the plaza on a Sunday wasn't a good idea. He manoeuvred through various kinds of people; it made Greg wonder how many stories each individual experienced, but was left untold. Greg found the shopping centre's digital map, as he glanced over the many shops. He noticed a tech store opposite of the shopping centre, so he memorised the pathway and began walking.

In attempt to reach the tech store, he accidentally looped the plaza three times; he finally saw the display windows of the shop after ten minutes. As he walked inside, a worker was standing at the entrance. They greeted him as he walked through, Greg nodded in response. He glanced at the rows of expensive technology, before making his way towards the phones.

"Hi!" The salesman appeared out of nowhere. "How can I help you today?"

Greg's anxiety spiked, he hates talking to employees whilst browsing. "I-I'm just having a look. What phone would you recommend?"

The salesman perked as he began to lead Greg down the aisle. "Well, we have a variety of phones to choose from. Do you have a budget?"

"Anything under $700 is fine." Greg replied, as the salesman halted his stride abruptly.

"Well this iPhone is one of a kind, with three cameras to take enhance photographs." The salesman gestured, as he framed Greg's face with his fingers. "It'll be able to take a picture of your gorgeous face."

Greg blushed but felt slightly uncomfortable. How was he supposed to respond to that? He could admit he found the male attractive, but he wasn't interested at all. Greg awkwardly hummed as he began to skim through much cheaper phones.

"You wouldn't want those, now, would you? You'll want the best of the best, the latest phone to fit in with the latest trends!"

"I don't care about 'fitting in'. I just want a cheap phone that works."

The salesman's face slightly faltered. "That's okay, just let me know when you find the phone you want."

After finding peace in strolling mindlessly, he ended up in the mid-range phone prices and found a suitable iPhone 6. He chose the silver colour along with a light green hard case, grabbed a sim card, then made his way towards the counter.

"Excuse me?" Greg excused himself to the cashiers, awkwardly shuffling the products onto the counter.

"Hi, is this all?" The cashier asked as she began to scan the bar codes.

"Yes, thanks."

The cashier punched a couple of numbers in the cash register before responding. "Will it be card for that?"

"Yes." Greg nodded, as he brought his debit card out.

He placed it above the scanner, about to put his card away when it declined.