2- you really got me

Rowan

The morning following my observation of the younger Kiszka was pretty normal. I sleepily opened my eyes and peered over to my clock on the nightstand. It read 9:15 which suprised me. I'd been a morning person as long as I could remember but considering summer had just begun, I figured I should start taking advantage of the lack of time restraint for as long as I could before it was too late.

I slowly made my way out of my quilted comforter and walked towards my closet to pick an outfit for the day. I had nothing in particular planned so I paid little mind to what I was going to wear and simply settled on a deep brown pair of flare-legged corduroy-like jeans and a lighter brown cropped top with flowy sleeves. In addition to the outfit, after brushing my hair I decided to grab a paisley hankercheif that had a plethora of different brown shades and draped it around my hair like a headband.

I sat on my bed for a while and debated whether I should call Chloe and Magnolia or wait, I ultimately ended up deciding against it, I didn't want to bore them with the details of my uneventful trip here.

A couple minutes after my moment of internal conflict, I decided to read some of the book I got a week ago, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I really liked it so far.

Once I got to a good stopping point in the story about an hour or so later, I decided to check on my father. I slowly made my way down the stairs trying to avoid possibly tripping, lets just say I've never been the most graceful person in the world.

Upon going downstairs, I heard light Jazz music trickling through the house from the living room. I smiled as I made my way to the room, seeing my dad situate some of his records on the shelf and swaying to the music. It looked like he was content and it meant the world to me.

"Sup, dad." I said softly, letting out a hearty yawn. He turned around abruptly and gave me a smile before turning down the music slightly and making his way over.

"Hey, Ro." he said kindly before suddenly remembering something, "Oh! I forgot to mention, last night the Kiszkas invited us over for lunch today. I told them we'd love to. They seem like a nice bunch of people." He said simply before reaching down to grab his coffee from the end table next to the couch.

"Are you sure, dad? I feel like they won't like me much." I said with a sigh, awaiting his reaction to my unsureness.

"Ro, they'll like you I promise. Karen, Kelly, and Josh already seem to love you, there's no reason the other three kids wouldn't like you too." he said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"What! Three more!?" I said, audibly gasping, "I thought there was only one more."What am I getting myself into.

"Nope!" my dad said popping the P sound and giving me a grin. Of course he thought my nervousness was entertaining. "Also..." he added after a moment, "I told them we'd be over at eleven so we need to leave in like... fifteen minutes." he said after looking down at his wristwatch. I groaned and turned around to go upstairs and grab shoes out of my room. I wasn't upset to be meeting them, Karen and Kelly seemed nice, but I knew I needed to be cautious. I was too scared to be hurt by anything ever again after all I'd gone through and I wasn't willing to let possibly faulty friendships effect my new start. Don't even let me get started on my nerves when it came to seeing the younger Kiszka boy.

After grabbing a pair of brown and white high top converse to complete my outfit, I made my way down the stairs and slipped them on before turning to my dad who was grabbing a jacket from the closet just in case it became windy.

"Ready to go?" he questioned with a smile. I simply nodded and made my way outside and down the porch as he pulled the door shut behind us. We walked in silence before slowly making our way up the porch of the Kiszka household. I stayed behind my father as he firmly knocked on the door twice. After a moment someone opened the door and it wasn't Kelly, Karen, or Josh; it was a young girl who seemed to be close to me in age. She was really pretty and definately resembled Josh.

"Hello!" she exclaimed, opening the door widly for me and my father to enter.

"Hello." I responded as I stepped inside. She smiled at me as my father gave my shoulder a firm pat and made his way to the living room to converse with Karen and Kelly.

"You must be Rowan," she said kindly, "Im Ronnie, well my name is Veronica but ya know." I liked her a lot already, but I had my reservations at first. Some people just seem too good to be true in the beginning.

"Yep thats me," I said, internally kicking myself when I realized that she probably thinks i'm stupid, "You can call me Ro if you want. Thats kind of what everyone calls me. At least back in Florida." I mutter with a shrug.

"Hm, Ro. I love it! You're pretty cool." she says and I respond with a simple smile and a thank you. Before our conversation can continue, Josh spots Ronnie and I and bee-lines it to where were standing before abruptly scooping me into a hug, scaring the shit out of me might I add.

"Hi, little one!" he says happily as I dangle there before gently putting me back down.

"Hello, Mr. Joshua." I respond cheekily, giggling at the encounter. I think him and I are gonna be good friends. I thought to myself before I saw the younger Kiszka boy out of the corner of my eye. He stared at me for a moment before turning around with what seemed to be a look of annoyance and heading into the living room with the adults. I couldn't imagine why he'd be annoyed or upset with me but I decided to brush it off. Before lunch started Josh and Ronnie talked to me about random little things, they also introduced me to Josh's twin brother Jake. He seemed incredibly similar to Josh but his personality was far less outgoing and he had much longer hair, more similar to that of the young Kiszka (whom I soon found out from Ronnie is named Sam). Jake kind of resembled Ronnie in my opinion, though they all looked alike at least in some aspect.

I continued chatting with three of the four Kiszka kids until Kelly called us into the dining room so we could all eat lunch. I was genuinely starting to like them a lot, even though we'd just recently met. Well most of them anyway. Once we made our way to the dining room, we all went over to the table, taking whatever seats were available.

"Here, I saved you a spot," Ronnie said, tapping the chair next to her as I made my way over. I slowed down when I realized that despite the fact that I'd be sitting by Ronnie, I'd also be sitting next to Sam. I gave her a look and reluctantly made my to the chair. I could tell Sam wasn't pleased either because I noticed him roll his eyes as I took my spot. I had no idea what his problem was, but I knew I was gonna figure it out.