13- jumper

*IVE BEEN WAITIN FOR THIS ONE, TURN IT UP*

Samuel

It's been exactly three weeks and four days since i've talked to Rowan. The guys saw her at the fourth of July party, but I never got to see her. I texted her about two weeks ago, but I received no response. A couple nights ago I even tried throwing marbles at her window in the night to try and get her attention, but either she didn't hear it or she was completely ignoring me. Apparently Ronnie and Josh have been texting her a little, which made me kind of glad. At least someone can get ahold of her.

It was later in the afternoon and we were all at band practice working on some of the instrumentals for our first EP. It was exciting stuff, but I felt empty. Jake was working on a new riff for Safari Song and I was testing some new pedals for my bass. When we took a break Josh went to go grab some drinks.

"I miss Ro." Josh said abruptly with a sigh as he walked back through the garage door. It was really random, but I did too. A lot.

"I do too..." I said quietly, my voice trailing off, "Has she said much to you?" I questioned, knowing Josh was one of the only people she'd texted lately.

"Not much..." he began, "She said she's been busy, I don't really know what with. She did mention feeling down lately but she said it wasn't because of anything in particular so I kinda left it alone." he shrugged.

"Yeah," Jake spoke up, looking at both of us, "I saw her when she left the party. She was crying but she wouldn't tell me why..."

"Why didn't either of you tell me?" I questioned, an annoyed tone in my voice, "I thought she was just bored of being around us." they both kind of just looked at me like deer in headlights as I rolled my eyes.

"Did you see her at the party?" I questioned, looking over to Danny.

"Yeah. Right when she got there she was looking for you when you went in to get a drink, so I told her where you were." he began, "I figured she found you." Getting a drink? She went inside when I went to get a drink at the party. That means she probably saw Ava. I knew this was bad news. Ava and I dated a year ago. Our families were close so it just kinda happened. It was only for about six months before she cheated on me with some guy. I moved on, if that's wasn't completely obvious by how I feel about Rowan, but Ava obviously hadn't.

"Oh my god." I groaned, "Ava followed me into the house and pounced on me the moment I stepped into the living room." I had no idea what to do, but I did know that I needed to talk to her.

"Sam, if that's why she was crying, you really need to go talk to her. She looked completely shattered." Jake said quickly, I could tell by his face that he felt bad for not mentioning it sooner.

"I told mom not to even invite her family." Josh groaned in annoyance, he'd never been a fan of them either, especially not after the whole cheating fiasco.

"Guys, she kissed me. Like a kiss kiss. How can I explain that to Rowan?" I wanted her in every way. She's most definitely the kindest, most beautiful girl i've ever met, and there she probably is, upset and disappointed when I didn't even try to help or explain. The moment Ava connected her lips to mine I felt disgusted and grabbed her shoulders, pushing her off of me. She was nothing to me anymore. She became nothing to me the moment she cheated, and it was always going to be that way.

"I can't say i'm surprised Ava did that. She's kinda psycho, but as for Rowan," Josh began, "I suggest you get your not-so-happy ass over to her house to talk to her." He was right, I needed to explain.

I headed out of the garage and ran as fast as I could to her house, knocking on the front door a couple of times. Nervous was a total understatement. I waited impatiently for what felt like forever but was probably only five minutes at most. I knocked again, this time a little harder, hoping she would hear if she didn't the first time.