Chapter 2: Gone

Marinette slowly blinked her eyes open, she was... on her couch? Her body ached... was it all just a nightmare? No, the bruises on her arm were clear evidence of whatever happened last night. Her essay... she never finished it. Chat Noir? Was she dreaming or did she actually see him fight off those guys?

"Rise and shine, princess."

She froze, it definitely wasn't a dream... Chat Noir, right in front of her eyes, in her apartment... sitting beside her on her couch. This was really real.

"C... chat noir?" Marinette spoke softly, a small smirk spread across his lips.

"The one and only." He said, his voice sent shivers down her spine. "Why... why are you here?" Marinette gulped, as he stood up. He was really tall... around 6'5... It made him even more intimidating. "I heard someone call for help, next thing I know I see a bunch of douchebags trying to take a girl in the streets. After I kicked their asses I took you back to your home."

Marinette shook her head, "H-how did you know where I- "

"I found your ID in your purse..." he said softly, "Don't worry Marinette, I didn't take anything."

She gulped, nodding. How the hell was she supposed to be okay after this? The most known criminal in Paris knew where she lived. She was almost raped... she was almost robbed... she was beat, and she had somehow gotten out of it because a criminal decided to save her?

She felt her eyes water, and she immediately blinked the tears away. "Thank you... for saving me." She said softly, she began to get up but stopped when she felt the pain near her abdomen. She whimpered, and stayed back down. The smirk on his face turned into a worried expression and he kneeled down next to her.

"Where does it hurt?" He asked, concerned.

Marinette winced a little, pulling up her tank top to reveal a huge bruise on her abdomen. It must've been when they kneed her.

"Do you have ice?" He asked, and she nodded and pointed to the freezer. He quickly got up and pulled out an ice pack, Marinette could feel the wound on her elbow open as she bent her arm. "There's a first aid kit in the last cabinet to the left." She said, and he came back a moment later.

He wrapped the ice pack in a thin cloth, gently pressing it against her stomach. She bit her lip to prevent the noise she almost made. "Hold it there." He said softly, grabbing the first aid kit before he began to patch up her elbow.

"Why... are you helping me?" She asked, he hesitated for a moment before he locked eyes with her.

He had beautiful, intense green eyes. The kind that made her forget to breathe. His caramel tan skin contrasted the color of his light blonde hair. She wondered why he wasted his time robbing places when he could easily become rich being a model or something.

"Because I want to." He said, taking off his glove and lightly dabbing her cuts with alcohol. She winced a little, "But you're a... criminal." She spoke, immediately regretting what she said after the awkward silence. He let out soft chuckle to her surprise, seeming amused.

"Just because I'm a criminal doesn't mean I'm a bad person." He whispered, and Marinette looked to the side. There was no way this was real. I mean it was real... but there was just no way.

Adrien smirked a little, continuing to cleanse her cuts and scrapes. He had finished patching up her elbow, and now all he had to do was ice the bruise on her face and put some Vaseline on it after. The truth is, he didn't know why he was helping the girl. He knew nothing about her up until last night.

It just felt right, so he went for it.

She was a beautiful girl, gorgeous blue eyes and long blue-black hair. Incredible light and clear skin that was perfect up until all those bruises. Long black eyelashes and beautiful pink plump lips... she had freckles over the tip of her cute button nose.

He didn't notice all those things immediately, but after spending about an hour staring at her bruised face after she passed out he noticed all the small details. He had spot her walking long before she had cried for help. He wanted to offer her a jacket or something if he had one, but he didn't.

So he just waited, and then those guys showed up. He shouldn't have waited that long to engage, he just wasn't exactly sure how to approach it. He felt like it was his responsibility to help her after he could've avoided her getting hurt in the first place. It wasn't exactly like him to play hero all of a sudden.

Not until last night, that is.

"I think I can manage everything else by myself." Marinette said suddenly, he froze for brief second before he cocked an eyebrow. His eyes glinted in mischief.

"Oh yeah?" He asked and Marinette clutched the ice pack closer to her stomach as she sat up.

"Yeah." Was all she said before she stood up. He let out slight chuckle before he stood up as well, towering over her. His thumb placed under her chin as he tilted her head to look at him. His eyes connected with hers once more, she didn't look away. He couldn't read her expression.

She looked scared, confident, and somehow... curious.

He fucking loved it.

His other hand touched the side of her face, gently swiping over her bruise. How could she still look so beautiful? "If you say so, princess."

She felt the warmth of his body gone in an instant as he left to open the window, "W-wait..." she said softly. "Thank you, Chat Noir."

He swung his leg outside the window, that stupid smirk plastered across his beautiful face. How could he be so unfairly attractive?

"Don't mention it. I have a feeling, this isn't the last time I'll be seeing you, marinette." She gulped, her heart racing. "Stay out of trouble, princess." He hastily leaped out of the window, and Marinette gasped, running to the window to look out of it. But there was no one there... he was just, gone.

 he was just, gone