Chapter 19: Alone

Marinette had spent the past few days alone...

And she hated being alone. 

Chat hadn't visited since the night Alya had confronted the two of them. It made Marinette wonder if she was so blinded in her love for the criminal that she refused to realize how fragile their relationship was in the first place. She also hadn't spoken to Alya since chat left...

The only source of companionship she had received was with the blonde hot head at work- who had reminded her several times of their plans at the movies- and the frequent calls her mother and father had constructed with concern. Even so... Marinette was stubborn.

As much as she knew Alya was only being pushy for her own good, she also felt like her best friend had crossed the line. It was her decision, not Alya's. Now... Chat Noir had vanquished. She wondered if he was having a hard time staying away, or if he just felt obligated to show up the entire time since she had become so attached. 

The bluenette stared out into the city while leaning against the railing on her porch. She wished she never would've walked to that stupid gas station...

Her feelings for chat noir were fickle at the moment, of course she knew that she was still inevitably in love with him. Still, her emotions remained indecisive and she was perfectly fine with it. 

A tear ran down her freckled cheekbone, trickling down to her rosy lips. She stared out into the symphony of colors the Parisian sky had to offer before closing her eyes in affliction. The sun was setting, and she knew she had to get ready for the little rendezvous arranged between her and Adrien. 

When Marinette stood in the shower she pictured the warm running water trickling down her back as the result of Chat's body heat behind her. Her blue eyes scanned the marble floor beneath her as the water slipped into the drain along with the soap of her shampoo. 

She could see the reflection of her silhouette on the marble floor, suddenly looking forward to her plans with Adrien at the movies. She didn't want to be alone...

***

Adrien stood outside of the movie theatre, waiting for his precious companionship to arrive. Whenever he saw Marinette at work she wasn't the same. She didn't  exhibit the alluring bubbly attitude she usually did, and often seemed quite upset. She spoke less, and he was beginning to wonder if his absence at Chat Noir had affected her that much- or if it was something else?

He hoped to get to the bottom of it tonight, and no matter how hard it was... He knew that Alya was right. He needed to stay away from her as Chat Noir, but he couldn't just stop seeing her at all. 

Adrien's green eyes glossed over his phone screen, Marinette had texted him that she was there. He searched his surroundings for a petite bluenette before finally spotting the lovely woman. She offered him a weak smile and waved, she was absolutely beautiful. 

Marinette had dressed in a casual outfit, but she still looked amazing. Her voluptuous frame was fit in a light washed pair of high waisted ripped jeans and a fit dark crop top. Adrien was leaned up against one of the light posts- posed and looking like a greek god. It reminded her of Chat Noir because of his height and- well his entire appearance.

She quickly discarded the thought because she didn't want to think about the criminal who had left her out of the blue. It was like her legs moved on their own, because she didn't stop walking towards him and instead pulled him into a hug. He allegedly hugged her back, his heart hammering in his chest when he held her for the first time in what seemed like forever.

Marinette suddenly let go, awkwardly smiling after realizing what she had just done. Her and Adrien hugged all the time- so it shouldn't have felt any different. They were friends, and friends hugged. "So what movie are we seeing?" She asked and the blonde chuckled, "Guess you'll have to wait and see pr-" his eyes widened before he caught himself.