Chapter 4: Bad Guy

Marinette sighed as she fell flaccid against her bed. She didn't do so well on the test today... She got a C on her test for seminar. She felt herself distracted. She thought about what Chat had said yesterday. "If anyone ever tries to hurt you like this again," he spoke, "I'll fucking kill them."

It scared her, because she knew that he actually meant it. Why did he care so much about her anyway? He barely knew her. She groaned, pressing her face against the cool side of the pillow. She kind of wished someone was here with her right now. If she was being honest, she didn't like to be alone often.

Alya was at Nino's again... Traitor.

Marinette frowned as she heard a thud on her balcony, slowly getting up and walking over. She felt the cold wooden floor press against her feet even through the fabric of her socks. She opened her French doors, the breeze immediately flowing through the silk curtains and her hair.

She saw a familiar pair of green eyes appear in front of her, she didn't move. "Chat... you can be seen you know, its dangerous for you to keep coming back here." He only chuckled and grabbed her arms, she felt the coolness of his leather suit against her skin. "I have a thing for danger..." he said softly.

"Plus, I wanted to see you again. I know you wanted to see me too..." Marinette shook her head and went back inside, "That still doesn't stop the cops from showing up to my door, interrogating me and possibly catching you." He rolled his eyes.

"That still doesn't stop me from seeing you."

Marinette felt her chest tighten as his words, and the question in her head still remained. Why? Why did he care so much? She sighed, narrowing her eyebrows when she felt his gloved hands grip the sides of her shoulders from behind. "I'll only stop coming here if you want me to... Do you want me to stop?" He asked as if he was afraid of her answer.

Marinette turned in his arms, "I..." She looked to the side. "I don't know..." He nodded, and for the first time he looked away from her blue eyes, beginning to walk back towards the balcony. Marinette grabbed his hand, "Wait..." She said, and he stopped in his tracks, looking back at her.

"I... I don't want to be alone right now." She said, slowly stepping closer. Never in a million years could she have imagined herself asking for a criminals company. She could see his eyes soften as he stared at her face, pulling her body against his own.

He was warm... He felt safe.

He pulled her into his embrace, and she finally allowed herself to relax her shoulders. Pressing the side of her face against his wide chest, she wrapping her arms around his back, feeling the muscle of his shoulder blades and toned structure. She had so many questions but she didn't say one word.

The silence felt right at the moment, allowing herself to release. He didn't let go until she was ready, stepping back and sitting st the edge of the bed. She patted the spot next to her and he carefully sat down beside her. "Why are you doing this?" She asked suddenly, and he only smiled.

"To be honest Marinette, I'm not sure. It feels right."

Marinette frowned, crossing her arms. "Then... Why are you a criminal? Why do you have to steal?" She asked bluntly, and he simply shrugged.

"I'm not in it for the money..." He said, smiling a little as he looked at her. "I'm in it for the rush." He said softly, a smirk curling across his lips as he drew closer. His electric green eyes piercing into hers as he leaned over her. She felt the heat pool in her stomach as his lips brushed against her cheek.

She still didn't understand. What made him want to do such a thing? What about all the innocent people that were affected?

Marinette sighed, "Chat... I know you're a good person. You saved me... Why can't you do good things? You don't have to be a criminal..." She watched his eyes dull, his blank expression was unreadable. "It's all I'm good at, princess." She shook her head, "That can't be true. You're a good person..."

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Marinette, be realistic. You really think after all I've done Paris can forgive me and suddenly think of me as some... Hero?" He watched as her expression softened. A small smile occupied her beautiful pink lips. "Yes... because after everything you've done... I think of you as my hero, chat noir."

He felt his heart skip a beat as he narrowed his eyebrows. "I..." He had nothing to say, and she giggled. "Cat got your tongue?" She asked cleverly, and he smirked. He had a thing for puns.... "You could say that, princess."
Marinette pouted at his nickname for her, refusing to believe that princess suited her. Which it did... It really did.

She nervously shifted closer to him, she didn't know why but she found extreme comfort in his presence. Her body curled against his, and she leaned her head on his broad shoulder. A small blush painting her pale skin and he smiled a little as he leaned his head on top of hers.

"You know Marinette... You're the most open-minded person I've ever met..." He said softly, and she nervously played with her fingers. "Is... That a good thing?" She asked, almost as if she was afraid of his answer. "Yeah... I think its a good thing."

Her chest tightened as he took her delicate hands in his and played with her fingers. She had pretty nails, coated with a nice French tip. He liked that she took care of herself, clearly not afraid to portray her sense of style. He liked that about her, a lot.

His eyes wandered from her hands to the alarm clock on her desk nearby, it was midnight. "I should get going..." He said softly, much to his own dismay. He swore he could sense a bit of disappointment in Marinette's pretty features and she only nodded.

He stood up, walking over to her balcony. She could see his silhouette through the moonlight, she gaped at him. When she could see the small smirk on his face as he saluted and in an instant he was gone once more. She frowned and walked over to her balcony, closing the doors and locking them.

Her fingers tangled in the silk curtains as she looked out of the window. She had a perfect view of the Eiffel tower and the city. She slowly closed the curtains, walking back to her bed. She opened her lap top and put on her blue light glasses, sucking in a sharp breath as she googled 'Chat Noir.'

She blushed when she saw erotic fan drawings of him, and pictures that perfectly captured his abs through his skin tight suit. She recognized his signature smirk that he held in most of his pictures. She frowned, and searched up 'who is chat noir.'

She clicked on a website that lead her to everything they knew so far about him. She was astonished to read that they had no clue who he was based on his identity, no leads, and no evidence. She clicked on one of the videos in the website.

It was a recording of him saving a little girl that fell from a roof top, another clip was of him helping an old woman who had got her purse stolen. She felt confusion take through her mind and she sighed and closed her lap top. She remembered what he told her the morning he was helping her patch up her cuts and bruises.

"Just because I'm a criminal, doesn't mean I'm a bad guy..." She groaned into her pillow as she thought about it. She had work tomorrow, she needed sleep.