Chapter 6: Careful

Marinette pressed her legs together, her hands on her thighs as she waited in Adrien's office. Natalie said he was a going to be bit late, and Marinette didn't mind. She had all of the supplies she needed to measure him, but today she wanted to focus on getting to know more about him.

Gabriel said to design something that suited Adrien, or matched his... Perfection. But Marinette knew that there was more to the blonde, she could see it. Yes, he was seemingly perfect. His tan skin contrasting the color of his gorgeous golden locks of hair, bringing out his forest green eyes. But he was holding back something.

She could tell when she saw the glint in his eyes.

"Good afternoon Ms. Dupain-Cheng." Marinette jumped little, and Adrien chuckled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Marinette nervously brushed her hair away from her face as she stood up to shake his hand. "Its okay Mr. Agreste..." The blonde frowned, "Please, just call me Adrien."

Marinette nodded and he walked her over to his desk. "So what's the plan?" He asked expectantly and Marinette bit the inside of her cheek. "Well, first I need to do some measurements. I don't have anything in mind yet... Your father said to match my design to your personality." Adrien chuckled, like his father knew anything about him.

Like anyone really did.

"Sure. What do you wanna know?" He said, sitting in his desk and crossing his arms. He looked up curiously at the bluenette, who blushed when they made eye contact. She clutched her purse to her side, and looked down. She didn't know how to respond, and her blue bell eyes shifted towards his.

"Everything... If that's okay." She said softly.

She looked at him with a hopeful expression, her dainty fingers tracing the fabric on her bag. Adrien furrowed a brow, standing up from his seat. He walked over to the bluenette, squinting his eyes as he stared at the side of her face. Her faint bruise had been covered with concealer.

He was an expert at covering up bruises, especially since he needed to be practically spotless in his photo shoots. Being chat noir, he had his fair share of bruises over the years. "On one condition." He said softly, and Marinette felt herself grow nervous as he stepped closer to her.

The distinct height different between the two reminded her of Chat Noir, the way he would look at her. She frowned at the thought, she shouldn't be thinking about him right now. Even though him and Adrien shared several similarities, them being the same person was just impossible.

"What's the condition..?" She asked softly, looking up at him. She felt shivers to down her body at his touch. His fingers gently tracing the side of her face, he noticed the slight flinch she gave when his thumb went over her bruise. "Where did you get this from?" He asked, he wanted to know the excuse she made for it, or if she'd just bluntly speak the truth.

If she'd mention the other side of him.

"I-I... Fell off my bike." She murmured, which made him chuckle. "You seriously think I'm gonna believe that?" He asked, and Marinette looked to the side. "I'd just... rather not say. This isn't about me, anyway. I should be asking you questions." The bluenette said distinctively.

Adrien sighed, stepping back to lean against his desk. "Where's the fun in that?" He teased and Marinette felt her heart race. Was he... flirting?

The bluenette cleared her throat, straightening her posture before she spoke. "Mr. Agreste, I'd like to keep this relationship strictly professional. If you know about my personal life, a formal relationship between us will be unachievable." Marinette said definitively, making Adrien smirk.

"And why's that, Ms. Dupain-Cheng?" The blonde retorted, making her shiver. If she was nervous, she did a pretty good job at hiding it. "I'm sure you can make a wild guess, Mr. Agreste."

He chuckled, "Careful, Marinette."

He propped himself off the desk, and she had to crane hee neck just to look up at the man. Of course he was tall, he was a model after all, and his father was rather lengthy as well. "I'd like to know a little bit about your interests, dislikes, family, and how you enjoy modeling. I'd like you to be completely raw with me, Mr. Agreste."

"Interests?" His thumb brushed across his bottom lip, refraining himself from the chuckle that nearly escaped his lips. "I like unique things, anything that catches my eye." His green orbs landed on her, ironically. "I like freedom, people who observe for themselves... I'm not much interested in politics, and I dislike followers..." He smirked a little, as if it was only natural.

"I don't like to share."

His words send pleasant tremors through her body, yet she remained the same, not showing any emotion. However, Adrien knew that his simple words effected her despite her not showing it. "My father, a distant cousin, and my Aunt Amelie is all the family I have- that I know of..." His eyes reverted to the corner of the room. "I'm not close with any of my family."

Marinette narrowed her eyebrows with sympathy, suddenly feeling concerned. She felt stupid for asking about his family when he and his father were clearly on strict terms. "Oh and... I despise modeling, but it makes my narcissistic father happy and pays well... So I'm not opposed to it." The mischievous glint in his eye appeared once more.

"But there's no rush to it... If I'm being honest, it's rather boring and no fun. The only reason I'm telling you is because you're not the press, Ms. Dupain-cheng..."

The blonde had answered every one of her questions in chronological order. Marinette listened to him intently, like a tape recorder. She needed every little bit of information she could get. So far, she gathered that Adrien Agreste was unique, quite lonely, clearly hurt, and a bit possessive. There had to be more to him...

But what was he hiding behind those gorgeous green eyes?

"We'll postpone the measurements to tomorrow... Can I ask you one more thing?" The bluenette questioned, and Adrien gave her a  nod. "What's your favorite pastry, Mr. Agreste?" His eyes darted to her pink glossed lips when they formed into a gorgeous smile, and his heart skipped a beat. He hesitated... For the first time in a while before he spoke.

"I... I can't choose." He admitted bash fully, rubbing the back of his neck. "Between what?" she asked sweetly and he looked to the side, almost embarrassed. "Croissants... and Eclairs." He said softly and was lucky enough to hear the bluenette giggle. "That's a hard one, kind of similar aren't they?"

He nodded slowly, "W-well what's your favorite?" he asked and he wanted to hide himself away immediately after. Why did he stutter? He wasn't some hormonal teenage boy with a crush. "Macaroons, of course." She said, like she knew he was going to ask. She petite woman stood up from her seat. "I'll be back at the same time tomorrow, Adrien."

His name sounded so sweet on her pink lips, he wanted her to say it again. Before he could say another word, he didn't realize how long he had been stunned before he heard the loud shut of his large office door. His office was empty once more, reminding him of how cold it was.

Macaroons, huh?