Part 9

MORGAN'S POV

The car ride was silent, I knew Zac wasn't happy with me. But I really don't care anymore. Once we got home I slammed the car door shut and went in the house, dad wasn't home but Liz was. She was get worse every day, he and dad started fighting the first night I was back, he works late now and she started drinking. I hated her since I was little, she came into my life after my real mom died. Once I walked in the house she looked at me, “Where the hell were you?” she yells. I put my jacket on the hook. “Anywhere but here.” I say in a cocky tone and start up the stairs. “Hey, don't walk away from me little lady. I asked a question.” She shouted again. God I want to punch her, she was no good for my dad anyways, she was probably using him for his money, actually I KNOW she is using him.

Zac walked in and looked at Liz, Liz knew not to try anything with Zac here. Zac was all I really had at this point, my dad was never home anymore. I shot Liz a bitchy look as I went up to my room. Zac followed, “Come on Morgan you can't be mad at me forever. You know I didn't mean it.” He said sitting on my bed. I sat at my desk, “I am not mad at you for yelling at me, I am mad at the fact you wont let this Alex thing go.” I said facing the wall. “Morgan you know I can't let it go.” He softly said. I turned toward him, “Why not, I let it go... If I can let it go you need to let it go.” I got up and laid on the bed. “Morgan, Josh told me you had a dream, and I know it was about what happened so---” I cut him off, “You don't know anything.. get out.” I pointed to my door. He got up, “You like Josh?” he asked.

Of all the questions he could ask, he asked that one. What do I do, I can't lie to him, he is like my everything right now, “Yeah I do.” I say with confidence, “You can't control who I like and don't like Zac so get over it.” He looked at me a smile, “I knew you two would like each other. I noticed he looked at you weird when you got back from Spain.” He smiled. I grabbed his arm and made him stay, “Wait, what do you mean, you think he likes me too?” I asked with a smile. “Are you serious Morgan. Come one, he used to tease you all the time, then when you came back you looked a hell of a lot better then you did when you left. He totally likes you,” He said sitting back down on the bed by me.

Josh liked me, oh snap there was a twist in the game I didn't see coming. “So now what?” I asked him. He looked at me, “Now what, what? If you like him go for it Morgan, what is stopping you?” he asked me. I looked at my fingers that were now really interesting, “Won't you be mad your best friend is dating your little sister?” I looked up worried about what he would say, he was so calm, “Morgan, sure I will be mad and it will be weird but Josh knows I will fucking kill him if he hurts you. And trust me, he would never hurt you.” he says with a small smile. He kisses my head and leave.

Now the bog challenge comes, getting Josh to admit his feelings. I know boys never like that part but I needed him to tell me. I was worried that really he didn't like me but Zac just said that to make me feel better. But deep down I felt like Bad boy Josh Johnson really did like me. I decided to sleep it off.

When I woke up I heard people talking downstairs. I pulled my hair up and walked down, I smiled when I seen Josh and Zac were hanging out, guess they worked things out, “Look who is finally up.” Zac said from the couch. I flipped him off and went and got a water. “Somebody is an angry little one today,” he shouts back to me. I smiled and sit between the two of the boys. “So coming to the practice?” Josh asked me with a smile. I was kind of wondering why I needed to go, they never ask me to go. “Um, sure I guess.” I said taking a drink. “Great let's go.” Zac says pulling me to the truck with Josh.

The car ride was awkward, it was silent. We got there and Kassie was there for Chase of course. She ran up to me, I haven't talked to her in awhile she hugged me, “Lady you have a lot of talking to do after this.” she explained as we all walked to the field. The boys all greeted us, they kind of got used to us being there all the time finally. Chase kissed Kass as he went out on the field. Zac ran out next and then Josh. Kass and I pretty much talked most of the game, then someone whistled at us.

We both looked over and it was Josh calling us over to the huddle of boys. Kass and I both exchanged looks and walked over. “Alright, You guys are playing,” Chase said with a smile. Me and Kass looked at each other, “Hell no,” Kassie shouted. Chase pulled her back down to the huddle, “Stop being dramatic you wont get dirty if you take your cloths off,” He winked at her and he earned a slap on the chest from her. “Ouch, that hurt.” he said joking. “Are you crazy, girls shouldn't play football, we are breakable you know.” I said helping Kassie defend ourselves, the boys all laughed.

As we broke out huddle, Zac and his team all got on the other side and lined up, I was lined up next to Brian and he was big, one hit from him and I would be out. But I wasn't sure if they were playing for fun or what I really didn't want to find out. Chase called out the finally word and the game was on, I screamed when Brian came my way I closed my eyes, but nothing hit me, I looked and Josh had Brian on the ground and laughed, “Don't worry I got your back.” He said as he looked at me, then Zac tackled him, “Bam, never take your eyes off the other team stupid.” Zac laughed getting up and his team scored the point.

We switched up the teams, Josh was on the other side this time and Zac on mine. I ran with the ball, Zac blocked Chase and they both went down. I ran and ran I was almost there when I was picked up my the waist and spun around, I dropped the ball laughing as we fell to the ground, Josh was ontop of me, both of us laughing. “Damn it Josh, I almost had it.” I shouted while laughing. He got up and helped me up, we were really close. “Sorry darling, couldn't afford to let you get tackled by anyone else,” he said with a smile. I looked at him, then he moved hair out of my face. “Morgan, I have a question for you,” his voice sounded a bit nervous. I nodded and bit my lip, hoping he was about to ask what I think he was.

Just before he opened his mouth Chase walked up and tackled him. Josh hit him playfully and got up, “Dude not cool.” He said laughing. Chase got up and wiped the dirt off himself, “We are all going to Morgan and Zac's come on.” He said as he wrapped his arm around Kassie. Josh rolled his eyes and looked at me, “Want to ride there with me so you don't have to listen to the boys on the way there?” he asked holding his hand out, I took it and smiled, “Of course anything is better then being stuck with them sweaty freaks.” We both laughed and went to his car, we told them we would meat the there.

Once we started driving I looked at him, even after playing football and he was dirty she was hot, god damn he was so perfect. “so um, what were you about to ask before Chase decided to go all ninja on you,” I laughed. He smiled and kept his eyes on the road, “Well, I wanted to know.... If you wanted to come to a party with me tomorrow night?” he gripped the steering wheel tighter, he must be nervous. I smiled at myself knowing he couldn't see, “Yeah sure sounds fun.” I said, he was refusing to call it what it really was, a date. “Great.” He said with a smile. Once we got to my house I hoped out and made it to the deck before Josh grabbed my wrist and pulled me back, “wait, I asked that all wrong.” he said looking at the ground. “Will you please go on a Date with me tomorrow night to a party?” he said not taking his eyes off the ground.